Shopping Trolley Movers Society

Loz

I propose a new East Dulwich society. It will be a secret organisation that, when selfish and unthinking people leave their trolley in Sainsburys right smack bang in the middle of an aisle - or worse the main centre corridor - whilst they nip off to grab something at the other end of the aisle/store will quietly move said trolley to a safe place at least three aisles away.

Who is in?

I would like to join this secret organisation. I'm in. (good idea btw, ED needs something like this. Abandoned trolleys in supermarket aisles are becoming more prevalent and an increasing menace to society)

Please PM the date of the first meeting and joining instructions etc. Cheers :)

I already have a punishment for such people , I just place random items in their abandoned trolley.

When the shopper gets to the till they have to audit the trolley or better still, the items wizz through.

So when they get home & unpack....

"Eh, what the feck did I buy that for ? "

Small joys I know

W**F

woofmarkthedog Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I already have a punishment for such people , I

> just place random items in their abandoned

> trolley...

Hmmmm...I believe I have 3 tins of dog food, some biscuits and a squeaky ball which I believe might belong to you?

Ladymuck Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> woofmarkthedog Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > I already have a punishment for such people , I

> > just place random items in their abandoned

> > trolley...

>

> Hmmmm...I believe I have 3 tins of dog food, some

> biscuits and a squeaky ball which I believe might

> belong to you?

:)) Shouldn't leave trolleys hanging around then should you Lm.

karter Wrote:

-----------------------------------------------------

> :)) Shouldn't leave trolleys hanging around then

> should you Lm.

Ah but karter, it's just that one wouldn't be able to get past otherwise. I mean, all those shoppers aimlessly pushing their trolleys at a snail's pace and generally faffing about.:))

See I am one of those people who discretely 'parks' a basket sometimes....especially if I forgot an item when I was at the other end of the store, and the basket is full. The reason I park is because if the shop is busy, it's quicker to negotiate the trolley jams and slow lanes on foot than loaded with a full basket or two........does that make me a basket case?

DJKQ,

There is nothing wrong with parking a trolley or a basket somewhere off to the side - I do it myself. But there is the person that is pushing down the middle of the aisle who just stops and abandons it for a minute or two, oblivious to the fact that other people are trying to shop as well.

They are the enemies of the the STMS.

Haha, the worst culprits are the staff! pisses me right off when they block the isle stocking up.

And by far the worst store for this is Sainsbury by the Plough.

Flipping Sunday mornings everyone stocking up racks out up on ladders and not one person on the tills.

Grrrrrr

How about the use of the tannoy system detailing the contents of the shopper in questions' trolley? Perhaps followed by a description of the person last seen with said trolley? You could have shop assistants following around the guilty party relaying reactions back to the person on the tannoy who then shares such findings with the entire store...

not that I think about these things too much... of course... :))