shopping near ED

erikaa

Zeleb is a great service - I can't praise it highly enough. Everything is made to measure and the fabrics are good quality. If you go to the order page for any of the dresses and see the quantity of measurements that they ask for then you can see how thorough they are. If it doesn't fit when you get it you can even send it back for alteration. Frankly if it doesn't fit it's more likely to be your fault than theirs. Great site and great service. The current dresses aren't really to my taste though - they are a little floaty for me - I like the more fitted cocktail dresses (very Mad Men) and there aren't too many of those on the site at the moment.

Yes I do agree though Dita - I wish I went to more black tie events. I'm contemplating a trip to Lordship Lane right now and wondering how many layers I need to wear to keep out the cold - so yes, the prospect of slipping into something strapless with accompanying high heels isn't going to happen for me any time soon. Shame.

Exactly Dita - very thorough measuring and the dresses are nice and the quality good and the service excellent and nobody else is going to be wearing the same dress as you.

The most important thing is confidence. You can't look good and be sexy without confidence. You can't be confident if you're hitching your dress up or pulling it down all night. If a dress is tailored to your body it fits perfectly and you look great and feel confident. Sadly, so many women only ever experience this with their wedding dresses.

So true - I adjust all my clothes myself otherwise I look ridiculous.

I wish I had known about this earlier - my sister is getting married in vegas to avoid a big fat northern family wedding and bought a purple frock from Debenhams - Ma is going to spend the next 3 weeks adjusting it, this site would have been perfect and unique. I will post it to her before the needlework starts!