Open House this weekend

Parsley

It's Open House this weekend. Does anyone have any recommendations they'd like to share?

http://www.londonopenhouse.org/

"Open House London celebrates all that is best about the capital?s buildings, places and neighbourhoods. Every September, it gives a unique opportunity to get out and under the skin of London?s amazing architecture, with over 700 buildings of all kinds opening their doors to everyone ? all for free. This year it takes place over the weekend of 17 and 18 September."

My all-time favourite is the Sands Films Studio in Rotherhihe.http://www.londonopenhouse.org/public/london/find/detail.asp?loh_id=1810 A pre-Victorian granary, converted to provide a picture library, studio, and large costume repository and workshop. You get shown round it all. For a flavour see their own website here or this article. As the latter says: "something that I think is truly magical, truly worthwhile and truly brilliant."

They're currently looking for investors too, to help them preserve the studio in the face of galloping rent rises. Details on-site.

I love Open House and always go for a poke around the new build contemporary private houses. I went to see the new build on backlands site at King's Grove Peckham and had a good natter with Mary the architect. Interesting place with v.cool polished concrete floor and some nice touches as well as some bits of bling that I wasn't sure about. Off to see the frame house on Rushworth street tomorrow.