Plaid shirts, beards, geek specs...

MrBen

MrBen Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Hipsters: Creative, independent of mind, off-beat,

> edgy.....so why do they all look the same?!

Erm...

Perhaps so they/we know who they are, maybe.

Much like Ted's

In fact, running with the Ted theme. I knew a boy at school called Gary and him and his dad were both Teds. Everything was Ted with them as was everything they owned too. Ted car, Ted holidays & just about anything Ted. Gary wasn't the best Ted, he was in fact a bit of a Showaddywaddy Ted really. But his heart was in the right place. Sadly one day his Dad and three pals went out fishing, the boat sank & they all perished.

Over the years this sad boy matured into a heartbroken man, his only link to the past was to be a Ted, stay a Ted. All to keep his Dad's memory alive. I even saw his Ted wedding to his young Ted bride in the Littlehampton Gazzette one day. Poor boy, I felt for him & I can't see a Ted today or even Showaddywaddy for that matter without thinking of him, with his big nose and curly hair quiff.

Which reminds me, his Dad had lost most of his hair.

I wonder what Gary looks like now ?

NETTE:-S

Aw, look at this one. Anyway, hipster hating is so 2010.

The hipster, one ultimately concludes, is, as Jace Clayton puts it, really just "a straw man in skinny jeans", a punchbag for a broader range of consumer anxieties and civic ills*

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2010/11/10/1289401813291/Hipster-006.jpg

* http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/2010/nov/14/what-was-the-hipster-review

MrBen Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Hipsters: Creative, independent of mind, off-beat,

> edgy.....so why do they all look the same?!

Put "Wannabee" on the front and remove "creative, independent of mind, off-beat, edgy" from the middle and replace the lasts bit with "that's why they all look the same.", and you have your answer.

I happened to pass Meat Liqour last night. Biting wind and a long queue outside of 80 odd identikit, bearded, tablecloth- wearing, twitter users wired into their HTC's and blue toothing Bob Dylan bootlegs to each other. The early adopting hipster wave...soon to move on once the place gets into the Ace Nights Out in London section of the Easyjet in-flight magazine.

Mr Ben

You're being a bit mean picking on the wimpy kids.

Even if they were a bit hard they'd still contain themselves in the face of your onslaught.

How much individuality do you want from them there "Hipsters" ( & I take it you're a "shirt" btw )

How about an all in one rubber tube with arm holes and a flashing orange light on their heads.

Maybe?

Yadda as with anywhere that opens in the West end.

1. 1st 6 months is fairly cool

2. Next year is OK

3. There after like a Saturday night in Southend.

4. Premises boarded up.

Probably why ML's got a 3 yr lease.

NETTE:-S