Co-sleeper v Moses basket advice?

akd

We're expecting our second baby later this year and I'm wondering whether to try a co-sleeper this time, rather than Moses basket. I know where c-sections are concerned co-sleepers are brilliant but am wondering if anyone has words of wisdom on whether they make babies more dependent on sleeping by parents, longer term. We were incredibly lucky with no. 1 - no Moses basket issues and generally a good sleeper, no issues moving into cot / into own room etc, so although we dont know what this little bundle has in store for us (!) at the moment I'm really mainly considering the co-sleeper from the ease of not having to get out of bed for bfeeding.

Any feedback very welcome!

Thank you.

We had a co-sleeper (the baby bay). Can't recommend it highly enough.

Baby Belle was in it until around five months and then moved out because he'd outgrown in. We had no problems moving him.

I don't think it increased dependence at all. He still had to self settle during the day and we used to put him up by himself at 7pm (with the guard up) and then didn't go to bed until later.

We used a Moses basket until 3 months and then moved onto an inherited Bednest which I wished I'd had from the start! We used it until our daughter outgrew it at 7 months at which point we moved her into her own room. The Bednest has a side which folds down so it's easy to access for feeding and I always used it with the side up for sleeping so we never properly co-slept as the baby was in her own space. Our daughter transitioned into her room pretty easily.

Bednest! Wish I'd done it with my first instead of Moses. So much better... No dead arm hanging over side of Moses etc...

Special offer to hire at the moment for ?79 on bednest site. Bargain...

I would have liked a Bednest if we hadn't already had a Moses basket and I hadn't been too mean to buy something 'unnecessary'! I think with no2 getting as much sleep as poss is foremost, so we ended up co sleeping w no2 rather than go through the palaver of trying to get her into the basket without waking her after every night feed. I did feel a bit anxious about it when she was tiny tho, so tried to get her into the basket after a few months. Didn't find that it had made her more clingy or unwilling to sleep alone after a fairly short time.

Good luck!

Babybay was my best buy with no2. Amazing. No trouble transferring to cot at 5 months as was in his own space. I was after it as no1 was still occasionally coming in in the night and I couldn't have them both in the bed. I also worried about her climbing up on the Moses basket to see the baby and whether it would fall over. But it was brilliant apart from serving those purposes. Bed nests are under investigation as there was a fatality with one so nct aren't selling them at the moment. I went for a baby bay and would have everyone buying them for no1 too if I could convince them!

We are selling our armsreach co-sleeper if you're interested. Its in really good condition. All the accessories. Its the larger size.

Sleep is key, especially with 2nd baby, and we found that having baby right there meant less stumbling about in the dark and sleeping on the kids bedroom floor!

70 quid or fair offer. Pm me. Pic attached.