Bugaboo Bee or Icandy Cherry

We have bought the cherry for our six week old son and im v happy with it. I didnt feel comfortable without a carrycot so baby could be flat which swayed it for me. In hindsight i think bee would have been better as ds has reflux and cant lie down flat anyway. I think bee is eAsier to collaps as well if space is an issue.

I have an icandy cherry. It handles well, has the option of facing you and a separate carry cot which we used lots when staying at relatives when she was little. However I wish it folded down in one action as it can be a bit of a pain. We now use a Maclaren XT which reclines flat and has a brilliant sunshade/hood which is good for napping. I do still covet the bugaboo bee and sometimes the mini city jogger though! Good luck with your decision!

We've got a Bee Plus for our newest arrival (13 weeks) and love it. She's very cosy in the cocoon and the fact it doesn't lie completely flat doesn't matter at all, in fact I think it's better in some respects, having previously had the Cameleon for my eldest child.

It's very easy to fold, steers like a dream with one hand and has a very compact turning circle which is great.

I use it constantly, for long walks, jogging, and in conjunction with the car seat when we are out in the car. No complaints at all so far.

I have a 2 year old Bee and it's been very good. We got it because we wanted a travel system but for it to be small enough to fit into our Ka's boot, and narrow enough for our hallway and to use on the bus, which it is. I like the height adjustable handle (my sis also has this, she's 5' 2", her boyfriend is 6' 3" and they are both comfortable pushing it) and the fact that it is forward and rear facing. Pretty easy to collapse, though I've not tried it one handed.

The only downside was the lack of carrycot, but that's what makes it so compact, and as she was only fully lying down in it for 3-4 months it wasn't really a prob, and when it was warmer and she wasn't bundled up in a gazillion layers it was even better. I do strongly recommend it if you're going to be out and about on public transport with it a lot. 2 years on and it's still going strong!

we think that the bee is fabulous - in my opinion the best city stroller, so light and narrow, fitting brilliantly on all public transport. when i am on the bus with ours and see others struggling with wider, heavier prams i am really glad that we went for a bee.

I love my Bee too. Its so small, cocoon is lovely and cosy, and it does me well for both pavements and walking through the woods. Best bit is being able to clip car seat straight onto base and not wake sleeping baby.

Impossible to fold one handed though (according to one-armed husband!). He sticks it in the boot of our Zafira still up and it fits fine.

absolutely love the bee. light enough to not be a chore every time i took it out (esp after having c section plus had a back injury). easy to manoeuvre on buses and in narrow places. fits unfolded into our estate car when i am being especially lazy!! my little boy loved it too and slept well in it until he was able to force himslef to stay awake (around 20 months). he still will nap in it now (he's two and a half) if he is tired and looks comfortable.

i was impressed with the baby cocoon and baby loved it and found it very snug and comforting.

shopping basket is a little small, but if you have too much stuff in it, it would be too heavy to get over my front door step (there's a step up). easy to use 'happy mummy' hooks on the handle to hang an extra shopping bag from. the rain cover does not last though, but you can get a generic mothercare one and that is fab and lasts.

I was very happy with the Icandy Cherry. Snug carrycot for up to 5-6 months which was perfect for our winter baby. Then the forward or rear facing seat when they are ready to see what's happening out there. Great sized basket for shopping trips and it was easy enough to fold down to put in the car or pack away in the house.

re the Bee raincover, I didn't realise this but want to share - if you buy it from John Lewis and your little darling tears it, it's covered under their 2 year guarantee. I didn't even consider this, but when I went to ask them about buying a new one they told me this - but by then it was out of guarantee grrrr!