Where to sell lovely quality nearly new clothes in the ED/Peckham area?

Hello everyone!

I wanted to ask whether anyone has any experience of selling second hand/nearly new clothes in the East Dulwich area. I've just had a baby and, aside from not really needing a cupboard full of silk dresses and trouser suits any more, I am trying to raise a few extra pennies for my maternity leave. I've got lots of lovely Banana Republic and Coast dresses, and some French Connection suits, trousers, etc. Generally lots of lovely high-end high street items - some still with tags. All the items are either new or nearly new, so I'd like a decent price for them. Ebay seems fairly rubbish for clothes, so I wondered if there are any little shops in the local area who might take them? They aren't designer or vintage, so I've been struggling to think of a solution!

Any ideas very gratefully received!

Perhaps trying on here. You could have an open house sale one weekend? Or just post some pics. Also there is a car boot sale advertised in the what's on section, next saturday, perhaps you could take pitch. That way you'd keep 100% of the money you make.

Shops that sell nearly new clothes either buy clothes off you very cheaply and mark up or take a percentage of the sale price.

Hi Alice, I'm in a similar situation to you, clothes-wise not baby-wise, so equally interested in any suggestions.

We've got the shwopping event that someone on here is organising and an open house is an option I'm already considering but I have quite a quantity so might prefer to sell as a job lot, are you the same?

Sazzle30, do you know any of the shops you refer to, any more specifc suggestions? I imagine they'd still pay more than you'd get at a car boot sale? Anywhere in London would suit but most I found when I last googled were for vintage/ retro clothes specifically...

This is a long shot - but we have been trying a new concept the last couple of months - on the last sunday of every month we hold a monthly 'rumble through the jumble' at the Rose Pub, 108 Forest Hill Road, East Dulwich, SE22 0RS. Tables cost ?5.00 - and its free entry for customers! Selling from 11am to 3pm. The next one is scheduled for 31 March (yes, even though it is Easter Sunday - it will still go ahead) and then on Sunday 28 April. This will only be our 3rd month, so the idea and concept is new, but the tables are set up within the main pub, although we do have another bar area just off the garden.

If you are interested in discussing more, call the Rose on: 020 8693 3838

Thanks!

The Rose

There is a shop in Annerley which sells second hand clothes for you for a commission, and you get the items back if they haven't sold after 4 - 6 weeks. I think it is called The Annerley Frock Exchange - its not too far away, near the National Sports Centre at Crystal Palace.

Oooh - these are all really helpful suggestions - thank you so much everyone. A few of us might get some clothes together and come and do a stall at the Rose on 28 April - we'll give you a call. Also, thanks so much for the ideas about the dress agencies - I had no idea that they existed in this part of London. Thank you everyone!

• 1 year later...