Private Detective

rubyroo

why would you get involved with them because they might not be happy with you and who knows what they might do.

think about this. and how much do you think a "canny sleuth" will cost you ?200 to ?500 if thats ok with you go for it

good luck.

rubyroo Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Do you know who I am DF? No I don't think you

> do....

No of course not.. and I have no interest in the matter.

There may well be people on here whose services you have used or recommended to others that do.

DulwichFox.

Yes this is certainly true DF but so what? I don't think the octogenarian piano tuner I used 4 years ago will be remotely interested in the fact that I may or may not be considering action around the suspected nefarious activities of someone who lives close to me.

why not just ask them what they are up to if you want to know that bad.or just keep out of other people business, some time it looks like some one is up to no good but ARE NOT so you have to be sure what you are doing have you heard of defamation of character ?

good luck.

Perhaps the hiring of a private detective is to do exactly that? I.e to help figure out whether suspicions are correct before you take the matter further?

And perhaps the OP would like to stay out of their neighbour's business but whatever is going on is impacting upon them in some way or cause for social concern/ responsibility

And another thing, maybe the nature of the situation means that it wouldn't be a good thing to ask them directly!

Wowzers, sometimes it's like posters don't think that others have any brain of their own to think through these things. The OP might have weighed up all of the pros and cons already and just wants to know if there are any private detectives around!

• 5 months later...

rubyroo Wrote:

> I have a feeling a neighbour is up to no good. Can

> anyone recommend a canny sleuth?

Give us a few clues, see if we agree

What kind of no good?

Drugs, hustling, gun running, cracking the Internet ?

(Wtf hustling is I don't know, but most cop shows have it down as a crime)

EDmummy Wrote:

> Believe it or not, the

> job of the police is to prove guilt and therefore

> they'd be obliged to investigate.

[tede]The job of the police is to enforce the law and gather evidence for prosecution. The job of the courts is to prove guilt [/tede]

• 1 month later...
Hm, why? What do you think is your neighbour doing? Illegal drugs or something like that? Well, hiring a private investigator might help you, perhaps? From what I?ve read, lots of people have used their services and since they?ll do the job, your neighbour will totally be clueless that it was you who hired them. Also, do you think that it will do you harm? Because if not, then maybe you could let it pass. But anyway, here. My cousin has tried the services of http://www.ukbackgroundchecks.com/private-detective.html since she thought her fianc? was cheating on her. From what I heard, she had a pleasant time working with them and luckily, her fianc? wasn?t doing anything bad. He was planning a surprise, actually. But since the P.I found that out, she wasn?t that shocked when the day came. But at least her fianc? wasn?t cheating on her. So, it?s a win-win situation, if I may say.