Hockney at the Dulwich Picture Gallery

After 6 months of living in the area I finally made it to the Dulwich Picture Gallery! Such a wonderful day and the neighbourhood looked wonderful. Really recommend the exhibition and urge locals to check out the gallery if you've yet to make the trip. The ?11 exhibition ticket pays for entry to the rest of the gallery too. It's around until 11th May so plenty of time to check it out. Also, was really impressed by the friendly and knowledgeable staff.

Check out my blog below for more :)

http://www.thenextactivity.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/sunshine-and-hockney.html

If you become a Friend of the Picture Gallery you get free entry to the Gallery and any exhibitions - a members' preview to exhibitions which includes (normally) an excellent introduction by the Museum Director, and a glass of wine! That's a deal well worth checking out, as you also can 'bring a friend' on your membership ticket.

And the current Hockney Print exhibition is very good.

The talks are also good - they run a film club there as well (although the Bigger Picture, monthly in the EDT is better - though this may be a biased comment) and they also host (from time to time) plays, concerts and even opera. It's a jewel in Dulwich's (Village, East and West) crown. And if you haven't, check out the Horniman as well. Both were up last year for Museum of the Year.

I just checked out the website and as I'm under 26 I could have become a friend for just ?18! Yep - seent he lectures the 'what is art' event coming up at the end of the month looks really interesting.

I have been meaning to check out the Horniman for a while!