Time Out results are out

Sue

Well done to The Ivy House - runner up for bar/pub of the year in SE15 (it won last year).

http://www.timeout.com/london/lovelondonawards#/results/peckham/bars-&-pubs

Haven't looked at it all, but some of the East Dulwich results are here - well done Franklins!

http://www.timeout.com/london/lovelondonawards#/results/dulwich-and-east-dulwich/restaurants

Delighted to see Blue Brick Cafe also a runner up!

Reg Smeeton Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> These look like worthy winners and nominees - I'm

> even prepared to believe this is an award based on

> merit rather than 'who paid us the most for a

> review'.

It was done by an online voting system.

I voted for the Ivy House, so I'm pretty sure it was genuine.

Doesn't necessarily mean "the best" won, though, just who got the most votes :)

And "Time Out" has bugger all advertising these days, so it's in their interests to let the readers tell them the trends that the magazine will now slavishly follow. And I learned today that the magazine's press day is Thursday. That's five days before it hits the streets, which is crap. An the online version is completely non-navigable. A pale shadow of its former self.

I thought you slated Franklins? In fact correct me if i am wrong but aren't you barred from Franklins! I don't think anybody will forget you slating them for their bubble and squeak and sending the chef a recipe.

Sue Wrote:

> Well done to The Ivy House - runner up for bar/pub

> of the year in SE15 (it won last year).

>

> http://www.timeout.com/london/lovelondonawards#/re

> sults/peckham/bars-&-pubs

>

> Haven't looked at it all, but some of the East

> Dulwich results are here - well done Franklins!

>

> sults/dulwich-and-east-dulwich/restaurants

>

> Delighted to see Blue Brick Cafe also a runner up!

scotchbonnet1951 Wrote:

> I thought you slated Franklins? In fact correct me

> if i am wrong but aren't you barred from

> Franklins! I don't think anybody will forget you

> slating them for their bubble and squeak and

> sending the chef a recipe.

>

>

> Sue Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Well done to The Ivy House - runner up for

> bar/pub

> > of the year in SE15 (it won last year).

> >

> >

>

> > sults/peckham/bars-&-pubs

> >

> > Haven't looked at it all, but some of the East

> > Dulwich results are here - well done Franklins!

> >

> >

>

> > sults/dulwich-and-east-dulwich/restaurants

> >

> > Delighted to see Blue Brick Cafe also a runner

> up!

I don't know why you are bringing this up now.

No, I'm not barred from Franklins and never have been.

I have never slated their food in general, in fact I have praised it on many occasions as you could check if you could be bothered to look through my posts (just click on my name and they will all come up).

I was unhappy with one dish, the bubble and squeak, because after it had been absolutely fine every time I had it, on two occasions it came out as a pile of mash and cabbage which was completely soft and had not been crisped on the outside as bubble and squeak should be.

I had fed this back in person via the waitress, and when it happened again yes I did write to the chef and received no reply. Yes I did send a recipe, not for him to follow, but because that particular recipe clearly stated that the whole point of bubble and squeak was that it should be crisp on the outside.

When I received no reply I did not follow it up, and in fact subsequently checked out Franklins with a view to booking a space for a big family celebration, so clearly I was very happy with (most of) the food.

The reason I subsequently posted on the forum was because the manager (I think?) was extraordinarily rude to me when I went in with my partner for lunch. With no provocation whatsoever and with no prior warning, he verbally attacked me in front of a whole bar full of people as my partner and I were ordering lunch. The waitress who served us was extremely embarrassed and apologised for him, but he did not see fit to apologise himself.

It was that rudeness which was my complaint against Franklins, not the food.

Various people on the forum then chose to interpret my complaint about this specific incident of extreme rudeness as my disliking the food.

Again - you can look up the relevant thread and see for yourself.

But I have to ask you why you choose to bring this up so long after the event.

ETA: I did avoid Franklins for some time afterwards, because for obvious reasons I did not want to encounter this man again. However I have been back recently because I have not seen him in there and I hope he may be working elsewhere.

ETA: On clicking on your name, ScotchBonnet, I see you have made only twelve posts on this forum since 2012.

I have to ask, therefore, why you have such a particular interest in my having praised Franklins Time Out award that you chose to make your thirteenth post about it. And another one of your past twelve posts was having a personal go at me:

http://www.eastdulwichforum.co.uk/forum/read.php?30,1584616,1595870#msg-1595870

This is what you said:

"Never happy are you Sue? Always having a pop at local businesses. Don't you get bored? But more to the point do you think ANYBODY on here actually listens to you constantly slating places."

I suggested you post links to all my posts where I am supposedly "always" and "constantly" slating places - but you didn't, did you?

Couldn't find any, could you? So I guess that's why you had to dredge up something from years ago on this thread.

Please either put up your evidence, or shut up. Thanks.

And your post is particularly ironic given that I started this thread actually praising local businesses :)) :)) :))

cella Wrote:

> FGS Sue - give it a rest and move on.

Why are you directing that to Sue? She wasn't the one banging on about bubble & squeak from YEARS ago until scotch bonnet singled her out for having the temerity to mention franklins. Absolutely no need for posts like that.

Seems like sue can't post anywhere on the forum without this particular poster gleefully taking the opportunity to make unpleasant and personal remarks towards her. Go look in the lounge. People who claim not to have time on their hands, often do. Funny that.

Yep, scotchbonnet1951 comes across as pretty childish and nasty, with a clear grudge against Sue, probably based on something Sue isn't aware of. And whilst Sue can be a bit of a dog with a bone about some things, she's done nothing at all wrong here so it's completely unfair for Celia to accuse her of dragging something up which someone else has dragged up.

scotchbonnet1951 Wrote:

> Wow I wish I had time on my hands like you!!!

> Blimey I bet Franklins are over the sodding moon

> that you are going back in there.

> Griefy Sue here she comes .... oh sorry didn't you

> know that was your nickname?

It would appear you have more time than most.

DJKillaQueen Wrote:

> And right on cue, there is numbers to defend Sue.

> Given the infantile behaviour going on in the CGF

> thread I think it's a bit rich coming from

> numbers, and Sue is the last person who should be

> complaining about dragging things up.

Given the nature of the attack I would defend Sue too.