Robbery (break-in) at the co op

TGAGE

jobeth54 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> 5 guys tried to get money from co op, made hole in

> roof and ran out over the roof, myself and my

> partner saw them running over roof of co op.

I would of thought there is very litle likelihood of money being found lying around..

.. and is there anything in the Co-op worth stealing ??

5 guys.. ?? The Great East Dulwich Heist.. ??

Foxy

I just literally walked into a plain clothes police officer leaving the Coop and he said that the store would be closed all day to enable an internal forensics investigation.

Shoppers are hanging around outside the doors wondering why the shop is closed, so hopefully some signage will be put up soon to explain the situation.

When I saw the thread title, I imagined a gang with some sort of weapons threatening the staff. That's what the crime of robbery entails, the use or threat of force. Was it actually, as now seems more likely, just a plain burglary/break-in? I hope so.

What a co-incidence that the robbery and subsequent close-down of the co-op should take place just before the first week-end opening of the new M&S. I am sure that the management of M&S will be most sympathetic to the Co-op customers who will be allowed an opportunity to defer possible starvation over the weekend by purchasing their necessities in the new store.

Louisa Wrote:

> My sympathy goes out to the Co-op they don't seem

> to be having much luck lately. Maybe the new

> signage and store layout change will bring with it

> a change in fortune.

>

> Louisa.

Agreed. Or rather my sympathy goes to Coop staff. Hopefully they will receive proper customer service training when Waitrose takes over.

Froggy I do believe Waitrose have been holding out for either this site or the former police station soon to be Harris school, which they of course lost out on. If the Co-op do lose customers they may think it's better to just rent it out to a more prestigious retailer and still retain the freehold maybe?

Louisa.

aerie Wrote:

> It would only take you a moment to read through

> and edit your posts to include punctuation,

> pauses, as there is 'room to improve' or to quote

> my erstwhile school reports : 'could do better' as

> what you do write is unreadable.

That is really rude.

Are you not aware that some people may be, for example, dyslexic and/or not have English as their first language?

Or are you just deliberately trolling?

Either way, your comment is totally unacceptable.

in your opinion :

Well after your constant needling Sue, here you have a reaction: the poster is not dyslexic. English is her first language. Of sorts. Of course I am not trolling. I am however exasperated at this poster's crashing keys method of communication.

Neither am I haunting everyone/anyone else's posts in order to leave a smiley face or comment. I feel often that you believe yourself to be the community police officer here on the wonderful EDF, which is not necessary, thank you all the same.

When you consider some of the downright unpleasant, offensive, disgusting, moralistic, rude, insolent, puerile, crass,

sexist, misogynistic, vulgar and vile comments on here, then perhaps you should take them on and not someone who you believe you can bully with your self righteous indignation and verbal curtain twitching.

On this site in the last few days someone has referred to DF as a twat, someone has left an offensive remark for Louisa,

and insults have been flying unchecked.

Go take them on, if you think your're hard enough and not be picking on me because somehow, you see me as a soft target.

Your judgement seems askew.

I have never knowingly been rude.

I would prefer it if you would get off my back. Find yourself something productive to do other than haunting this site and leaving me meaningless comments and sanctimonious twitterings.

Personally, I like the staff in Co-op. they're always really nice. I'm glad that they're all ok.

While there are definately issues with the shop, I pick bits up from different shops as and when - and always pop in there - and will continue to do so.

I did venture into M&S on Saturday with my friend and was really disappointed with lack of choice - veg section was tiny - not much fresh fruit (not counting plastic containers of cut-up melon etc - as - you know - I can cut my own now).

So, yes.... like the co-op more... for all it's faults