Fireworks displays this year

My daughter's father (who I am separated from) is taking her to see Fireworks on Saturday November 5th at DPL School. I know she will have a great time as she loves fireworks.

I'd love to see her little face light up with excitement too. Does anyone know if there are any local displays either on Friday 4th or Sunday 6th November? It's a little more tricky this year as Guy Fawks' night actually falls on a Saturday so I'm not sure if there's a demand for displays on any other days.

Thanks, as ever, for any responses.

holwil86 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Southwark are also hosting their firework night at

> Southwark Park on Saturday the 5th. Free tickets

> available now for Southwark residents.

>

> www.southwark.gov.uk/fireworks

Although she had asked specifically for events not on the 5th....

• 2 weeks later...

Bit left-field Marmite-love (great name) but I'm sure lots of private displays as well as some public ones will be taking place on the Friday, why not take some warm food and drinks, and maybe a few sparklers, somewhere up high - Crystal Palace or Telegraph Hill? - where you have a view over London and watch them all. It can be pretty spectacular.

Hope you find something anyway.

Due to the fireworks display in Southwark Park there are some nearby road closures. My friend lives nearby. They are not allowed to leave or enter their close by car between 4 & 9pm, No visitors, no deliveries, no taxis, no CARS. Its her birthday and she can't have visitors popping round. If anyone needs to arrive or leave you need to give your vehicle details and proof of address to the council prior to the event. The council said you can try and park half a mile away if you arrive in the area after the closures.

Last year their were several nasty altercations with stewards: One lady was trying to collect her distressed young daughter from the train station. Another was not allowed to leave on a mercy dash to elderly relatives etc ..... and someones shopping couldn't be delivered. TOO MUCH FUSS MADE OVER THIS "TICKETED" EVENT.

In contrast the Shine Walk for cancer with thousands of participants had little impact on the area, just some park entrances/ car park closed.