Old Police Station

Lynne

The issue, allegedly, is that the architects and developers have changed their minds a million times about details of the build and hence it has dragged on. Some of the utilities also have to now dig up the path to get the homes hooked up to stuff. It is pretty disgraceful though and reflects the way developers just use public footpaths and roads as they please for storage, even when there is often enough room to store materials on site...as in this case.

I also wonder how the heck Southwark and planning have let them get away with this? Also no-one on site today (Sunday). You'd think the developer would be obliged to have people working as many hours as legally possible. I dread to think the impact all this had had on the poor shop owners.

There could be a multitude of different reasons for delays. Talking to someone on site is not a reliable way to get the full facts.

Unless one talks to the principals at the contractors, structural engineers, developers,architects, financiers and planning then one can speculate all day long.

I've just checked back and reminded myself how long this has been going on for... (I had a ranty email conversation with the developers nearly a year ago and included James Barber in that - and it had been going on forever by then already). It really is beyond...

I wonder what could be done to force some resolution to this?

James Barber's responded to the question on his thread about this and has said that he'll follow up with Council officers...

I've had a reply from the developers to the email I sent at the weekend asking when it will end. I've posted that on James' thread here: http://www.eastdulwichforum.co.uk/forum/read.php?5,336529,1741508,page=168#msg-1741508. Not sure I'm very confident we'll have the path back by Christmas...