Forum Sponsors

www.advancedpainters.co.uk
xxxx
All Round Renovation

https://m.facebook.com/cariadpets/photos

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
Would you recommend your East Dulwich doctor, dentist or butcher?
Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
messageRe: Zero waste shop
Posted by Stacey Towle March 04, 08:11PM

Does anyone know the 2 places on lordship lane where you can refill cleaning products? Is there anywhere to refill wine and olive oil? Thank you

Posted by B&G March 05, 09:34AM

Sure. There are two places:

Karavan Eco (opposite Mrs Robinsons) does Ecover cleaners in bottles or refills if you take a container. We get handsoap and washing up liquid from them.

Health Matters (almost opposite Coop) does laundry detergent though I can't remember the name of the brand.

Posted by DK_87 March 05, 10:54AM

Le Cave de Bruno on LL does refills for bottles of wine as well

Posted by B&G March 05, 11:01AM

@DK87 How could I forget!?

Posted by AllyCat March 06, 04:41PM

I'd be really interested in a zero waste shop locally....
I've been trying to buy as much as I can plastic free - taking my own containers to the butchers etc... Sainsbury were OK about me re-using one of their deli plastic pots which I took with me, and wanted olives....
On Inside Out last night they mentioned a zero waste shop in Battersea - I think it was this one...

[www.hetu.co.uk]

I've also bought a few products form this great website - [andkeep.com] - plastic free cotton buds (which come in a cute paper box) and some Beeswax wraps, which are brilliant... I believe Karavan Eco also sell the wraps...

Do keep us updated if this shop happens!

Posted by Sue March 06, 04:47PM

AllyCat Wrote:
-
>
> I've also bought a few products form this great
> website - [andkeep.com] - plastic free
> cotton buds (which come in a cute paper box) and
> some Beeswax wraps, which are brilliant...

Thank you for that, I wasn't aware of that website.

Does anybody know of a non-plastic substitute for freezer storage? I wash and re-use bags and containers as much as I can, but I'd prefer some other method.

messageRe: Zero waste shopattachment
Posted by annaborakowska March 21, 02:37PM

It is great that there is so many people in our area actually seeing the problem and willing to do something about it.
2 Girls Café at 24 Peckham Rye just announced that they will start a zero waste shop in their café in a few weeks time so we can all start buying locally organic produce with no packaging! Let's make the difference!

[www.facebook.com]

[twitter.com]

Attachments: 29472252_2000375510217136_8427365720454594560_o.jpg (246KB)  
Posted by mariagatty March 22, 02:46AM

Hats off to 2 girls cafe!! I support this 100%

Posted by Nigello March 22, 06:30AM

Karavan sells bamboo lunch boxes with an elasticated band (which, to be fair, loses its tautness over time). Pret give you 50p off your hot drink if you use your own cup/mug, so that makes it 49p! I think, though, that a tax on single-use plastics or plastic-based products alongside a deposit scheme is needed to really change things.

Posted by Asset March 22, 08:35AM

Just an aside - Fareshares has been going a lot longer than since 1998. I lived on the Pullen's estate (where it is located) for many years and it started around 1987, I think it got properly organised around 1998.

Posted by Blackcurrant March 22, 05:48PM

Zero packaging would be inconvenient but zero plastic would be great. Or 100% biodegradable packaging. I hate how quickly my bins fill with unrecyclable landfill. Packaging that can be composted would be fine, would fully support it as I'm sure lots of people would.

Posted by sparklehorse March 23, 10:59AM

This would be great 2 Girls Cafe. I'd be ok with no packaging - i.e. bringing my own containers.

Posted by Annie5 March 25, 01:24PM

I would definitely use a zero waste shop. Which are the shops in LL which do refills?

Posted by ChloeDunbar March 26, 11:24AM

Yes, this would be brilliant. I am from Totnes in Devon and an amazing one has set up there:

[thezerowasteshop.co.uk]

I think this would be excellent and well used in East Dulwich or Herne Hill.

Posted by natty01295 March 26, 10:54PM

Should Open one in East Dulwich

Posted by Nigello March 27, 09:25AM

Shop or no shop, we can all cut down on packaging and waste: own cups to coffee shops, buying in bulk/concentrated liquids, etc, not buying stuff we do not need in the first place.

Posted by tanyafairtlough April 02, 10:11AM

I would definitely shop at a place like this and I'm sure lots of people would really go for it.

Posted by dbboy April 02, 11:45AM

Leave the packaging behind at the supermarket to dispose off.

Try buying products not wrapped in plastic, look for items in boxes, try not to use so many plastic bags when buying fruit and veg, or buy from the greengrocers who put everything in brown paper bags. Ask the butcher to wrap in paper rather in plastic bags.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit was april 02, 11:48am by dbboy.

Posted by coqueliklo April 02, 05:21PM

I will be interested to that concept! please let me know where you will open.

Posted by elln April 04, 10:58AM

Hi there,

I lived in California where I used to shop in a big grocery store, built as a cooperative (all the employees were also owners of the place). It was a zero waste shop and I loved it. I loved the idea son much that I wanted to bring it here. Looking for a partner in crime for a while, but couldn't really find one. Please feel free to PM me to talk about it.

Posted by Stacey Towle December 03, 09:21PM

[www.eastdulwichforum.co.uk]

I just came across this post! smiling smiley Thanks Klove

Posted by bodsier December 08, 10:59AM

B&G Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Sure. There are two places:
>
> Karavan Eco (opposite Mrs Robinsons) does Ecover
> cleaners in bottles or refills if you take a
> container. We get handsoap and washing up liquid
> from them.
>
> Health Matters (almost opposite Coop) does laundry
> detergent though I can't remember the name of the
> brand.

Do they do the later versions of washing up liquid rather than the horrible clinical smelling original ?

Posted by Sally Eva December 08, 11:19AM

There's a new packaging-free shop in Nunhead (near Ayres and Sopers) which does washing up liquid (as well as lots of other things)

[www.southeast15.com]

Posted by marianne December 08, 11:23AM

There is a new zero waste shop opening soon in Dartmouth Road, Forest Hill opening soon. Owned by Aga's Deli I believe. 176 bus door to door....

Posted by alice December 08, 11:26AM

Really like nunheads BYO and it’s next door to excellent coffee.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed               Copyright 2006 - 2018 East Dulwich Forum