Crazy Quad Biker

For the last couple of days, there's been a shirtless guy riding at top speed in the roads around peckham rye park on a blue quad bike, often with one or more heavy duty motorbikes in tow.

I think they've been racing up and down in the early hours of the morning, based on the noise that keeps waking me up.

I'm assuming these must be a figment of my imagination and that I'm inventing 80s movie scenarios, as I have no idea how they've escaped the legions of police cars in the area. Has anyone else seen them?

I think these shirtless quad/motor bikers are "Snatch" types, just having a bit of fun in the sun. Definitely not on if they are breaking the speed limit, though.

If reporting them to the authorities is out of the question then have you thought about simply jeering at them?

OK, the Safer Neighbourhood Team is a collection of police, Special Police Community Officers, Community Wardens who work with the community and council officers, and they have meetings every other month (I post this in the What's On Section), to discuss what is going on in our area.

I do not know where you live so please find out through typing safer neighbourhood team and the postcode where you live to find your nearest one. There is a number you could call and tell them your concerns. Put the number in your mobile to call them when you are out and maybe see the quad bike or other non emergency concerns you have in your area.

We are all we have - so let's all help one another...

I saw this moron doing a wheelie coming around the blind corner on Abbotswood Road. I suspect if the UK law doesn't get this guy soon he is going to become a nominee for a Darwin Award.

Thanks Karrie.

And Loz - the police will only know if people who see the quad bike tell the police at the time.

When I see it I shall report it too of it is doing dangerous stuff!

Oh and my info above is not quite correct, the SNT team meet a lot obviously, but at bi-monthly police ward panels, the public can come too.

Yeah I've seen this quad bike guy with balaclava twice...the first time was in Peckham on a residential road last week (Saturday afternoon) and he was definitely riding wrecklessly and the the other was on Saturday evening with a group of bikers at the petrol station next to Tesco Metro near Peckham Rye park. Shouldn't be too difficult for the Police to catch up with him. Don't think the vehicle has plates so can't be taxed or insured and that's reason enough for him to not be riding on public roads whether speeding or not.

the guy on the quad is legal, insured and has a license.so do the rest of the bikers.its summer time, and some people like to have fun,and enjoy life.

I don't think anyone has any problem with that, but using residential roads as a racetrack won't be any fun if someone gets knocked over or crshed into. The whole reason he has a thread on here is because of his wreckless driving. His is not the only quad bike in the area and his friends are not the only bikers, but he is one who thinks he should have fun before observing the highway code.

There have been reports that in West Dulwich a biker was filling up at a petrol station and as he came back to the bike having paid for the petrol, (ie he was about to put key in the bike with a full tank of gas) a gang of bikers approached and tried to beat him and nick his bike off him. Amazingly he fought back and got away. The whole thing was on CCTV obviously.

TO all bikers, be very aware.

My motorcycle is not one these guys would want to nick, not a high performance cool looking rice rocket. But wearing a helmet, armoured motorcycle jacket/jeans and gloves, it would take a few people to beat me. Also, my key is attached to a chain which is linked to my trousers, so they couldn't just take the bike off me.

Anyway, everyone take care out there.

I'm getting increasingly frustrated with this little twat hooning around on his overgrown tricycle in the early hours of the morning. The rest of the time, well, I may not like it but I recognise it's more or less a free country etc etc

But, but, but if he wakes me up at two in the morning again, my enraged and sleep deprived mind is going to start fantasising about cheesewire stretched across the road outside our flat.... (Or, alternatively, following the little sod home and playing some particularly dissonant piece of Philip Glass right outside his bedroom window VERY VERY LOUDLY at 5.00am in the morning.)