Colour Coding

David Mc

bit of an HTML anomaly I'm afraid, it's probably that you've pressed the back button so the page doesn't know you've actually been to the previous page. That's a bad explanation, if you refresh the page it'll disappear.

Top tip: If you click on the red NEW, it'll take you first of the newest messages in that thread

Interesting - it doesn't seem to work that way for me.

For me it remains red until I have used it as a link to that thread at any point. e.g if I go to the thread by using 'last post' it'll remain red. However, once I have used it as a 'red' link to the earliest new post, it'll remain blue ad infinitum, or until I access using a different browser.

It doesn't operate any differently to a red one.

It seems to turn blue as a way of saying 'you have used this way of linking to the thread'...

Yes Huguenot that's pretty much it though I think this is all by design.

A red new denotes a new (to you) thread, a blue new denotes a new post on a thread you've already seen before (perhaps via the new button).

But either new should disappear once you clicked on it, unless of course you use your back button. If you click on it then the page will refresh and it will vanish.

Non?