Joannas Crystal palace

Cazz

I am a BIG fan of Joanna's, and have been twice in the last month and can reliably report that it is always amazing. William even sat down with us for a chat and bought us a glass of champagne for our wedding anniversary - How fantastic is that. It is still under the same ownership and management as it has been for the last 30 years+ and I am sure they would love to see more of ED come up the hill.

Corinne

Hello to you all.

I saw this thread pop up and thought it appropriate to put the record straight. Joanna's is still run by the same family that opened the restaurant in 1978 and I have run the front of house team since 2003. As in any business, members of the team come and go from time to time but I'm happy to say we have had no changes in our management, both front and back of house, for many years now. For those returning, you will find the same warm welcome and friendly faces and the ever popular dishes on our menu.

We very much look forward to welcoming you soon.

William Ellner

Very glad to hear all that! It's possibly my favourite restaurant in London within the category "consistently great without being too budget busting" and their burgers are amongst the best I've ever had either side of the Atlantic which is quite something!

Calculus. Joannas have updated their burger. A soft buttery brioche bun, and I am not going to tell you the rest, so not to spoilt it. It was so divine that I had to go back again the following week for another one, while the hubbie had rabbit. Which is another of the lovely things. A great menu to please all. Now I am hungry!

Oh dear.... maybe its because there are so many places to eat in CP but my last 2 experiences have not been great. Service is fine, and I love the decor but the food seems to have slipped somewhat compared to the 25 plus years I have been frequenting the place.