We are trialing a dedicated East Dulwich COVID-19 Area on the forum here - please keep it useful.

Forum Sponsors

http://www.gardenia-gardens.com

www.takeflightacademy.co.uk

http://avakitchens.co.uk

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
Would you recommend your builder, plumber, electrician or carpenter?
Goto Page: PreviousFirst...117118119120121122123124125126127...LastNext
Current Page: 122 of 128
messageRe: Brexit View
Posted by keano77 29 September, 2019 13:48

“Oh they would. You said so yourself. They are blackmailing the UK aren't they?”

A negotiating tactic in case we have a no-deal.

It’s working and has certainly scared the life out of the opposition parties

messageRe: Brexit View
Posted by JohnL 30 September, 2019 17:17

Sephiroth Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Let’s see what The founder of the Brexit part is
> saying shall we?
>
> “Clapham looks like the Carribean
>

Could be Sandals I suppose (but with Gay couples allowed)

messageRe: Brexit View
Posted by JohnL 30 September, 2019 17:19

Anyway the Queen has apparently been researching "How to sack a Prime Minister"

[inews.co.uk]

messageRe: Brexit View
Posted by Sephiroth 30 September, 2019 19:57

More “not racism”

[mol.im]

messageRe: Brexit View
Posted by JohnL 01 October, 2019 09:54

Stopped using black cabs long ago after some comments on South London not being a place they want to go smiling smiley

messageRe: Brexit View
Posted by Sephiroth 01 October, 2019 11:27

Plenty of Irish callers ringing O'Brien on LBC today

noticeable change in quality of thinking compared to the regular Leave callers

messageRe: Brexit View
Posted by JohnL 01 October, 2019 16:39

Has Boris turned himself on in anybody else's Facebook notifications.

the Scamp.

messageRe: Brexit View
Posted by uncleglen 01 October, 2019 21:21

Sephiroth Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Plenty of Irish callers ringing O'Brien on LBC
> today
>
> noticeable change in quality of thinking compared
> to the regular Leave callers

The man is an absolute unashamed liar. And he no longer conducts a phone in show- he monopolises almost the entire proceedings- I think they only let people through who agree with his rhetoric- he is belligerent, speaks through clenched teeth and is an out and out LIAR ( I haven't listened to him for months since I got sick of complaining to LBC about his lies- so he may be different now...I doubt it though- his type NEVER change)

messageRe: Brexit View
Posted by carlafindle 01 October, 2019 22:06

uncleglen Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Sephiroth Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Plenty of Irish callers ringing O'Brien on LBC
> > today
> >
> > noticeable change in quality of thinking
> compared
> > to the regular Leave callers
>
> The man is an absolute unashamed liar. And he no
> longer conducts a phone in show- he monopolises
> almost the entire proceedings- I think they only
> let people through who agree with his rhetoric- he
> is belligerent, speaks through clenched teeth and
> is an out and out LIAR ( I haven't listened to him
> for months since I got sick of complaining to LBC
> about his lies- so he may be different now...I
> doubt it though- his type NEVER change)


And you are a unashamed fool.

messageRe: Brexit View
Posted by Sephiroth 01 October, 2019 22:22

I love how I didn’t mention a word O’Brien said. I mentioned only the standard of the callers.

But then uncleglen has to go and prove my point

Is that really the best you can come with glen? You call him all those names and give all of the other LBC jocks a pass?

messageRe: Brexit View
Posted by Sephiroth 01 October, 2019 22:31

Let’s have some o’brien lies glen. I’m looking forward to this

If he lies that much put him and us straight

messageRe: Brexit View
Posted by cella 01 October, 2019 22:38

uncleglen Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> The man is an absolute unashamed liar. And he no
> longer conducts a phone in show- he monopolises
> almost the entire proceedings- I think they only
> let people through who agree with his rhetoric- he
> is belligerent, speaks through clenched teeth and
> is an out and out LIAR ( I haven't listened to him
> for months since I got sick of complaining to LBC
> about his lies- so he may be different now...I
> doubt it though- his type NEVER change)

This is about Boris surely?

messageRe: Brexit View
Posted by JohnL 02 October, 2019 09:55

If you watch Boris get given the coffee and then having it taken away from him (it was a one use coffee cup) again you realise the man is just a pawn in the hands of his advisors. Thick of It stuff smiling smiley

He just waved his arms about.

messageRe: Brexit View
Posted by stepdown 02 October, 2019 09:59

uncleglen Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The man is an absolute unashamed liar.

You have nothing to support this ad hominem, repeating yourself in CAPITAL LETTERS does not count.

messageRe: Brexit View
Posted by DulwichFox 02 October, 2019 10:35

It has been said that the ONLY person to enter Parliament with Honest intent was..

Guido Fawkes

messageRe: Brexit View
Posted by diable rouge 02 October, 2019 11:48

JohnL Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If you watch Boris get given the coffee and then
> having it taken away from him (it was a one use
> coffee cup) again you realise the man is just a
> pawn in the hands of his advisors. Thick of It
> stuff smiling smiley
>
> He just waved his arms about.

[twitter.com]

messageRe: Brexit View
Posted by Sephiroth 06 October, 2019 15:36

Some great stories here

When people claim 17million, they are including these people and people like them. It’s just not right

[www.standard.co.uk]

messageRe: Brexit View
Posted by keano77 08 October, 2019 10:29

Oh oh, looks like Merkel’s put her foot in it. It’s all going to kick off.

More follows

messageRe: Brexit View
Posted by Sephiroth 08 October, 2019 10:34

go on then - what has she done?

messageRe: Brexit View
Posted by keano77 08 October, 2019 10:39

Awaiting further details of her call with Boris Johnson this morning.

Early reports are Merkel said if Germany wanted to leave the EU they could but Britain would need to leave Northern Ireland behind undern EU rules and the Republic of Ireland would have a say if NI could leave.

I emphasise early reports which need clarification.

messageRe: Brexit View
Posted by Sephiroth 08 October, 2019 10:44

I know those details - what is the "putting her foot in it" comment about?

There is nothing new in any of this - The GFA agreement and the unique Ireland/Situation has always been a specific problem

messageRe: Brexit View
Posted by diable rouge 08 October, 2019 10:47

If that is indeed what was said all she is doing is reaffirming the UK's commitments regarding the GFA...

messageRe: Brexit View
Posted by diable rouge 08 October, 2019 10:50

Sephiroth Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I know those details - what is the "putting her
> foot in it" comment about?

It's all about who can Brexiters put the blame on, this being another example...

messageRe: Brexit View
Posted by keano77 08 October, 2019 11:16

She’s put her foot in it because she has said, intentionally or otherwise

We Germany could leave the EU because nobody could stop us. We can put up borders because nobody can stop us.

You U.K. can’t leave the EU because we can stop you. Further, one of our smallest members with barely 5 million people can hold you U.K. with nearly 70 million people hostage.

So much for your recent Supreme Court nonsense of Parliamentary Supremacy. We, the EU, will tell you what to do.

(More details of the Johnson/Merkel phone call here [news.sky.com]

messageRe: Brexit View
Posted by Sephiroth 08 October, 2019 11:22

Keano - that's absolute bobbins

What she is saying is that "if we, Germany decide to leave the eu, we could without the problems the UK has"

Not because the EU is forbidding them - but because of UK claim to Ireland. Germany doesn't have that. Thats' the comparison



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit was 2019:10:08:11:36:15 by Sephiroth.

messageRe: Brexit View
Posted by keano77 08 October, 2019 11:33

She might have just given Boris the loophole he’s been looking for.

He should go go to the Supreme Court now and argue there’s no point asking for an extension because the U.K. can never leave the EU unless it constitutionally tears itself apart.

That’ll get the white flag wavers frothing at the mouth

messageRe: Brexit View
Posted by Sephiroth 08 October, 2019 11:37

What is that a solution to?

That just leaves teh Uk leaving with no deal and all of the attendant problems

Problems which people like you say aren't real now but who will blame the EU for when they transpire

messageRe: Brexit View
Posted by Sephiroth 08 October, 2019 11:39

Brexit is problematic because of what it is and what it means logistically - not because of remainers, the EU or anyone else

Too many people who voted to leave have changed their minds for the 17m number to have any validity especially given the turmoil leaving with no deal with cause

It has zero legitimacy. It doesn't need proceeding with - it needs to be stopped

messageRe: Brexit View
Posted by natty01295 08 October, 2019 11:51

Do you think there will be Riots ???

messageRe: Brexit View
Posted by Sephiroth 08 October, 2019 11:54

I think if we proceed with no deal there will be riots yes - shortages of food and supplies do that to people

If public votes to not proceed with brexit there won't be riots, no

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...117118119120121122123124125126127...LastNext
Current Page: 122 of 128

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed               Copyright 2006 - 2018 East Dulwich Forum