We are trialing a dedicated East Dulwich COVID-19 Area on the forum here - please keep it useful.

Forum Sponsors



All Round Renovation

www.stevenvaughan.co.uk

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
The Bishop, The EDT, The Great Exhibition, the Actress or another?
Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5
messageRe: COVID-19 Fact or Fiction?
Posted by TE44 May 07, 12:44AM

[community.oilprice.com]

Bill gates contagion model is dumped.

messageRe: COVID-19 Fact or Fiction?
Posted by Robbie May 07, 02:08AM

TE44 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> [community.oilprice.com]
> eon-general-adams-dumps-bill-gates-who-cdc-%E2%80%
> 98predictive-contagion%E2%80%99-model/
>
> Bill gates contagion model is dumped.


I think we all need to be extremely cautious of a man that once infamously stated vaccines will help reduce population growth during his TED Talk, considering how vocal he has been recently in pushing for a vaccine to cure this virus.

[www.youtube.com]

messageRe: COVID-19 Fact or Fiction?
Posted by JohnL May 07, 07:38AM

Robbie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> TE44 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> >
> [community.oilprice.com]
>
> >
> eon-general-adams-dumps-bill-gates-who-cdc-%E2%80%
>
> > 98predictive-contagion%E2%80%99-model/
> >
> > Bill gates contagion model is dumped.
>
>
> I think we all need to be extremely cautious of a
> man that once infamously stated vaccines will help
> reduce population growth during his TED Talk,
> considering how vocal he has been recently in
> pushing for a vaccine to cure this virus.
>
> [www.youtube.com]

Snopes is the go to

[www.snopes.com]

You can't say reducing the world population growth is killing children that don't exist.

messageRe: COVID-19 Fact or Fiction?
Posted by malumbu May 07, 12:58PM

80% was the figure put around a few weeks ago by politicians a few weeks ago, 4% hospitalization and 1% mortality. Times this by 60 million and you get some very high numbers.

Even 10% of this as a result of no lockdown and other measures would be pretty frightening.

[www.bbc.co.uk]

There is lots of other links with the same numbers but not sure where the original data came from

messageRe: COVID-19 Fact or Fiction?
Posted by KidKruger May 07, 02:04PM

Thanks Robbie
Unfortunately I cannot reconcile yesterday's announced 649 daily deaths (or any day's death toll) with the figures in those charts, which seem to show current daily death tolls below 200 !
I'm sure I'm mis-reading something because it's like data for a different event !


Robbie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> KidKruger Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Does anybody know where the daily death toll is
> > being reported and whether that toll is
> actually
> > reported afresh each day ?
> > BBC state the alleged no invariably, but I'm
> > hoping for a better source.
> > Ta.
>
>
> I believe the official figures are from Department
> of Health and Social Care (DHSC)
>
> [www.gov.uk]
> nformation-for-the-public
>
>
> The Office of National Statistics has some
> insightful data:
>
> [www.ons.gov.uk]
> y/healthandsocialcare/conditionsanddiseases/articl
> es/coronaviruscovid19roundup/2020-03-26
>
> 90% of Covid-19 deaths are aged over 65, and 9 out
> of 10 deaths had underlying health issues. This
> naturally raises the question as to why the whole
> country and economy is on lockdown, rather than
> just the over 65's and those with health issues.

messageRe: COVID-19 Fact or Fiction?
Posted by KidKruger May 07, 02:05PM

.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit was may 07, 02:05pm by KidKruger.

messageRe: COVID-19 Fact or Fiction?
Posted by TE44 May 07, 03:13PM

It is a reality for some older and most physically vulnerable people that they are at risk of becoming ill especially around winter time, this is not a new thing, in fact I can't remember a time when pnuemonia and flu were not a risk. I myself fall into this category. Looking at what we are being told makes no sense. Should everyone be in lock down every year to protect the vulnerable. Shoul the vulnerable be told how they must protect themselves and others when the likelyhood of spreading a virus that mostly effects vulnerable. This is a chance people take anyway. Do we want to protecting people from allowing our immune systems to work. I find it makes no sense.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit was may 07, 03:14pm by TE44.

messageRe: COVID-19 Fact or Fiction?
Posted by Robbie May 07, 03:28PM

> Snopes is the go to
>
> [www.snopes.com]
> nations-depopulation/
>
> You can't say reducing the world population growth
> is killing children that don't exist.


I agreed - Reducing population growth for me would be via negatively affecting either fertility and/or life expectancy

messageRe: COVID-19 Fact or Fiction?
Posted by diable rouge May 07, 03:36PM

Hope this makes sense TE44. Seasonal flu puts a lot of pressure on the NHS every winter, despite the flu jab reducing the spread and number of people being infected. C19 is far more contagious than seasonal flu and we have no jab for it. The whole point of the lockdown is to prevent the spread and thus avoid overwhelming the NHS and social care services...

messageRe: COVID-19 Fact or Fiction?
Posted by TE44 May 07, 03:51PM

Robbie, Its becoming the norm to not allow people with different points of views around this given reality,to speak out, this is including people working within NHS, when they do it is removed. People who have knowledge within science. It is not about differences of opinions anymore its about
Only allowing the given reality.

messageRe: COVID-19 Fact or Fiction?
Posted by TE44 May 07, 04:52PM

Sorry DR, You must have posted when I was typing, (I'm slow).flu is pretty contagious as well, I just can't believe if it was contagious as is said, catching it from cash, paper metal, it would have been impossible to stop it spreading. Especially if it was here 3months before lockdown. It is a reality for older vulnerable people the flu jab does not have a good efficiency rate on the whole it doesnt either. We are yet to see the effect the lockdowm has had on velnerable people.

messageRe: COVID-19 Fact or Fiction?
Posted by Robbie May 07, 07:18PM

TE44 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Robbie, Its becoming the norm to not allow people
> with different points of views around this given
> reality,to speak out, this is including people
> working within NHS, when they do it is removed.
> People who have knowledge within science. It is
> not about differences of opinions anymore its
> about
> Only allowing the given reality.


I agree and it restricts one of the biggest requirements in science - questioning. From what I understand, FB and YouTube are removing any content that contradicts the WHO narrative, which has changed from when this all broke out. This is very dangerous censorship and there have been many stories of doctors and others having their content removed. From their perspective of how serious or not this is, to stories of pressure to falsifying reasons of death due to the extra funding that hospitals receive per Covid death

messageRe: COVID-19 Fact or Fiction?
Posted by diable rouge May 07, 07:35PM

*stories*...

messageRe: COVID-19 Fact or Fiction?
Posted by TE44 May 08, 12:13AM

robbie, I put up a very interesting video, not sure if it was this thread or one of the others, you may have seen it although not available now. It was an interview with a scientist DrJudy Mikovits. She is being interviewed tommorrow, i think at night, by Brian Rose ofLondon Real, hopefully I8ll be able to link as they are now using ther own platform after being removed from youtube last week. I saw the 30min video and this woman has experience working closely with these organisations, She was arrested and vever charged but had a5yr gagging order put on her.when I went back to check some things she had said it was gone. this is a story I would like to hear again in more detail. DR. I think by Stories Robbie means stories coming from people involved on the front line who have a different perspective.

messageRe: COVID-19 Fact or Fiction?
Posted by JohnL May 08, 09:36AM

This is the Plandemic “If a conclusion supports your existing beliefs, you'll rationalize anything that supports it.”

[techcrunch.com]
[www.forbes.com]

Believe what you want or google "plandemic"



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit was may 08, 09:38am by JohnL.

messageRe: COVID-19 Fact or Fiction?
Posted by Peckhampam May 08, 09:46AM

TE44 are you advocating for Judy Mikovits who is an anti-vaccination activist,and a conspiracy theorist?
There is a debate to be had about freedom of speech but the problem with giving such people air time is that many gullible people believe them. Parents not vaccinating their children has led to a great deal of harm. And you only have to look at the ridiculous spectacle of people burning 5 g masts in the belief that they spread covoid 19 to realise what some people will believe.

messageRe: COVID-19 Fact or Fiction?
Posted by Robbie May 08, 12:04PM

JohnL Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This is the Plandemic “If a conclusion supports
> your existing beliefs, you'll rationalize anything
> that supports it.”
>
> [techcrunch.com]-
> judy-mikovits/
> [www.forbes.com]
> /05/07/why-people-cling-to-conspiracy-theories-lik
> e-plandemic/#68eec4c05049
>
> Believe what you want or google "plandemic"


The Forbes article contains this:

My 25+ years of doing science, testifying before Congress, and monitoring social media have also revealed the following factors in why people migrate to conspiracy theories:

1) Lack of or failure to apply critical thinking skills

I personally would have thought that applying critical thinking enables people to question the official narrative, and uncover untruths. 9/11 is probably the most infamous conspiracy theory of our time. Yet how many people truly believe the version of events that were relayed to the general public?

I've seen the Plandemic, but do not know enough about Dr Mikovits or what she claims to have an opinion on it yet. For those that haven't seen it here is a link:

[www.youtube.com]

messageRe: COVID-19 Fact or Fiction?
Posted by diable rouge May 08, 12:17PM

*critical thinking*...

messageRe: COVID-19 Fact or Fiction?
Posted by malumbu May 08, 01:31PM

I found out something today that is amazing. The word gullible isn't in the dictionary.

messageRe: COVID-19 Fact or Fiction?
Posted by TE44 May 08, 02:01PM

Peckhampam Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> TE44 are you advocating for Judy Mikovits who is
> an anti-vaccination activist,and a conspiracy
> theorist?
> There is a debate to be had about freedom of
> speech but the problem with giving such people air
> time is that many gullible people believe them.
> Parents not vaccinating their children has led to
> a great deal of harm. And you only have to look at edited to say oops don*t know how quoted message split like that

PP I have never heard of this woman before but i*ve done a little reading and you may believe anyone choosing to listen must automatically fall into being gullible. I would love to be able to ask her questions regarding much of her work. I wouldn*t assume you are unaware of the work she has done or it maybe you are and only see her as an anti vaxxer. I will be watching it with great interest and hope some of my questions regarding what Ive read already will be answered. this is a 2013 article. its a bit scientific but interesting. to believe there should be no air time given to this woman regardless of the work and involvement within this industry is you perogative. you have a choice.

[www.discovermagazine.com]
> the ridiculous spectacle of people burning 5 g
> masts in the belief that they spread covoid 19 to
> realise what some people will believe.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit was may 08, 02:03pm by TE44.

messageRe: COVID-19 Fact or Fiction?
Posted by Robbie May 08, 02:35PM

The CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) have stated:

Covid-19 hospitalisation rates are "similar to" those in >65 yo's during “recent high severity influenza seasons” & for children (0-17) "much lower than flu hosp rates during recent influenza seasons”

[www.cdc.gov]

messageRe: COVID-19 Fact or Fiction?
Posted by Peckhampam May 08, 03:04PM

Very good malumbu

messageRe: COVID-19 Fact or Fiction?
Posted by TE44 May 08, 03:20PM

Robbie I've found we are being given information that creates a divide making it difficult for people to know what is going on. This has been going on a long time in many aspects of our life, it often looks at extremes of situations which encourages that eense of right or wrong. Take for instance the above post I have quoted. PP believes there is no room for discussion,nor any platform for anyone she believes breeds fear along with some other posters they believe anyone listening to that person is gullible. This immediately takes away any understanding of work she has done and also makes an assumption anyone wishing to listen, is easily fooled. This is far from the truth. As I'Ve said I have never came across this woman before and I've had a quick look at some of her work eg ebola.. many things that do not sit right with me, its not a question of being gullible, its more trying to see if there is room for understanding and learning without having to agree with everything.
To use fear to educate people especially around there children is a powerful tool to create divide. We've seen in politics the left becoming right, we hear scientist doctors saying should/shouldnt wear a mask, tventilate/dont ventilate, contagious cash while libraries still open and so on.
Pharmaceutical markets calling thereself Global Antisense and RNAi therapeutics, makes sense, if you get what I mean.Here is a link its very interesting stuff. There are many problems I see in this industry but I would like to understand a little more, especially nano medicine.

[jordansheel.com]

Sorry again, correcting spelling mistakes



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit was may 08, 03:23pm by TE44.

messageRe: COVID-19 Fact or Fiction?
Posted by diable rouge May 08, 03:34PM

Yes malumbu, you do realise that now makes you a critical thinker. The next step in your travels through grifterdom is to start your own YouTube channel so that you can explain this remarkable scientific discovery to all the free thinkers out there. Presentation is everything, make it look like you're in your Mum and Dad's spare box room, this will appeal to your target audience. During filming don't forget to throw in a few colourful bar charts, my neighbour's 6yo can help you out with this if you're stuck. Finally the moneyshot ending, make the plaintive plea that in order for you to continue your intellectual crusade for truthfulness you have a gofundme page. Rinse and repeat...

messageRe: COVID-19 Fact or Fiction?
Posted by Robbie May 08, 03:39PM

diable rouge Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yes malumbu, you do realise that now makes you a
> critical thinker. The next step in your travels
> through grifterdom is to start your own YouTube
> channel so that you can explain this remarkable
> scientific discovery to all the free thinkers out
> there. Presentation is everything, make it look
> like you're in your Mum and Dad's spare box room,
> this will appeal to your target audience. During
> filming don't forget to throw in a few colourful
> bar charts, my neighbour's 6yo can help you out
> with this if you're stuck. Finally the moneyshot
> ending, make the plaintive plea that in order for
> you to continue your intellectual crusade for
> truthfulness you have a gofundme page. Rinse and
> repeat...


Gofundme page or taxes. Spare box room or the Houses of Parliament.

Presentation is everything as you say.

messageRe: COVID-19 Fact or Fiction?
Posted by diable rouge May 08, 03:57PM

Funny how your critical thinking only works in one direction...

messageRe: COVID-19 Fact or Fiction?
Posted by Peckhampam May 08, 04:04PM

TE44. Did you read my post before slamming it? Near the beginning I said "There is a debate to be had about freedom of
speech" How do you get from that to "pp believes there is no room for discussion"? And I certainly did not say there should be no platform for anyone I believes breeds fear. If you want to appear reasonable you need to not misquote anyone who may have a different view from you

messageRe: COVID-19 Fact or Fiction?
Posted by TE44 May 08, 04:46PM

PP Im sorry if I*ve misunderstood you. Are you aware there is a vaccine damage system set up, Do you believe there should be free speech for people who wish to speak about this. do you believe Judy Mikovits being removed from youtube was the wrong decision. Im slightly puzzled at what you are saying. Do you believe "gullible' people are easily fooled where they cannot decide for themselves what they believe is best for there childre. Sorry I don*t mean to bombard you butI did not mean to misquote you and I can see where Ive made assumptions about what you tyoped.

messageRe: COVID-19 Fact or Fiction?
Posted by Robbie May 08, 05:01PM

diable rouge Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Funny how your critical thinking only works in one
> direction...

critical thinking
noun
the objective analysis and evaluation of an issue in order to form a judgement.

I am yet to form a judgement on the Covid-19 issue, neither have many people, hence my opening comment on this thread inviting discussion on the matter which also requested links to sources. My current opinion based on the amount of evidence currently available, is that the official narratives to do not accurately reflect the true severity of the situation.

I would suggest that unless you are able to productively contribute, either observe and or research the content people are providing, or just ignore it.

messageRe: COVID-19 Fact or Fiction?
Posted by diable rouge May 08, 05:49PM

robbie

verb

as in ''doing a robbie'', not to be confused with ''doing a jobbie'', although resultant is often the same.

''I would suggest that unless you are able to productively contribute, either observe and or research the content people are providing, or just ignore it.''

And who are you to decide what is a 'productive contribution'? I'm simply applying my own 'critical thinking'...

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed               Copyright 2006 - 2018 East Dulwich Forum