East Dulwich Forum - review of the year

citizenED

The forum is growing ever bigger and its become a buggar to keep up with everything. Might be handy to have a few highlights from the past year, you know favourite threads, best tiffs (Asset/Louisa), funniest posts, most impressive hissy fits (was it Dom getting upset about breastfeeding?) best make-ups (Atila and Jah squabbling over footie then getting all bezzy mates over music) most curious posts (take a bow, Azul) (we seeing you Friday?)

just for starters in June someone wrote this

"Where exactly is Herne Hill,is it next door to East Dulwich?

I was told by a work colleague that it was easier to travel from

Barbican to Herne Hill,then to East Dulwich.

Also is Dulwich Village West Dulwich and do they have a train station of there own?

Sorry to sound a bit daft (but Im new round here) maybe should do some exploring

Isnt Tulse Hill next door to West Dulwich?"

that just cracked me up.

despite what Mockney says, I think the best moment was courtesy of M******* from Forest Hill:

subject: I hate all the mothers and mothers-to-be that have inflitrated East Dulwich in recent years

These women are vile, and should have remained firmly esconced in Wandsworth (or wherever it is they've wandered over from). I can't walk around East Dulwich these days without some gargantuan 'trendy' buggie blocking my path, or some enormous girth being proudly displayed by some woman (40+ years old, if a day).

Which brings me on to the ages of these women: many are so-o-o-o old. Dulwich Park really highlights the fact that these women had children pretty late in life. I've no doubt they had professional jobs in days of yore - but my God, how they've embraced mummyhood. It's all they bleat on about. Dulwich Park has become a no go zone for me these days. I hope these women avoid Peckham Rye Park.

The Dads are almost as bad. They are largely absent, earning in the City no doubt, but when they're about they're like some HORRIBLE kiddie's TV presenter. It's vomit inducing hearing them singing nursery rhymes and trying to make up for their absences.

It is getting to the point where I avoid East Dulwich as much as possible (despite being from the area, and living there too). These women are rude, and very superficial. When they're not stuffing an (organic) rice cake in their sprog's gob, they're taking up all the room in the Blue Mountain with their buggies, offspring and gaggle of acuaintances. Note I didn't say 'friend': these women don't 'do' friends but acquaintances. They deciode they have oddles in common - because they have a kid(s).

As I only joined in Feb, I'm going to say my Forum standout moment was going to my first forum drinks at the CPT

People have already mentioned many of the highlights - I'll add the romance that started between a Cat and an Onion, due to the forum

The best service locally thread was enjoyable, and when Nisha at Val's grocers by the library read the printout I gave her she was sooooooo happy, it was a moment