Easter Holiday clubs?

I'm beginning to panic - I can't find any holiday clubs for my 8 year old daughter this Easter. Does anyone know of any running this Easter? The 10-4 times don't really work for us so we need 9-5 at least.

Thanks

We've used Jam holiday club in the past (on Red Post Hill). I've not received an email from them yet but it's usually on over Easter (you can contact them via the website). It's 9-6 which is great, and a bit of a change for our son from the usual sports based clubs.

I'm so gutted that Gumboots have stopped running their holiday club (with the exception of the few weeks they do over the summer hols) as literally every single other option still doesn't cater for those parents that work full time, even the early/late starts are 8.30-5.30pm and I really do need that extra 30 mins either end of the day to travel into the city. Does anyone have any other suggestions at all? Failing that does anyone know of a childminder that could do 1 hour of childcare each morning in order to get my 7yo to one of the above options?

Hi - it's really interesting to read this thread. Out of interest, from working parents, what is the ideal length of day that a holiday club could cater for? I ask both with future planning for Nimble Arts courses in mind, but also in wariness for when my daughter is older...

LovelyRita - in response to your query I think everyone is different. For me, I will need to take a day of leave to cover for going in late each morning when my daughter attends Nimble Arts. I can drop my daughter off with you at 8.30 but that's what time I should be starting work, which is an hours commute. I then leave work at 4pm and pray there are no delays in getting back to East Dulwich by 5pm to pick her up. I do consider myself fortunate that my employer allows me to,work 8.30-4pm though. It's stressful!

Agree with Trish - very few are long enough to take into account the commuting - extended hours on AVP runs 8.30-5, and that's with paying for 2 hours extra on top of the "standard" hours. We try and share lifts with friends who also have kids going, but otherwise have to rely on goodwill of work to be able to take/collect daughter...

School days are much shorter so presumably parents have lots of creative solutions for managing the pick-ups and drop-offs? Having worked at a holiday club before, it's a long way when you do 8.30 - 5pm as there's always an hour either side for setting up and tidying up. It's a full-on day and not particularly well-paid in my experience.

Thanks for the feedback on timings - crumbs, it's clearly such a juggle for everyone! In terms of our timings, it's a tricky one when planning courses, particularly, as Rachel points out, there's a lot of setting up and tidying up to bookend the days, but I can see that flexibility is important so we will look at any options for slightly extending times over the summer.

Ladywotlunches - afraid we've not got anything the second week this Easter apart from a (shhh...not yet fully announced yet but I'll put something up soon) a half day for younger kids on the 17th April as we're trialling something out we're hoping to run over the summer. Good luck finding something on the 16th!

And we've still got space in the Nimble Arts workshops the first week of Easter, but I'd advise booking soon as places do tend to fill up in advance on some days :)

Hello Trish,

Please don't panic!

I am running an Easter holiday club for children. I have posted an advert on the east Dulwich Forum.

Dulwich Village kids Club ltd

8:00-6:00

?30

Breakfast and dinner included. Please bring a pack lunch.

Pick up and drop off st Barbabas parish hall Dulwich Village

8th, 9th, 10th, 15th, 16th 17th April

Trips to Hornimans/ outdoor sports , camping, dinosaur visit and zoo and crystal palace park

We are registered with southwark and ofsted. All staff are crb checked and first aid trained.

Let me know if you would like to book a place.

Suzie