green and and blue>>>

davidh

incredible why would thomas keller want to come from California with all of his accolades to work on a small lane in london - surely west end stuff would be more his style - will look forward to seeing what really happens to this space and if it really is HIM then i shall be first in the queue .......yum

acresser Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> The Herne is closing? Any more details?

xxxxxx

New management at The Herne would be good, imo.

Assuming it was taken over as a pub, I'd probably go back there if different people were running it.

I really like the management at the Herne. They have made my poker group on Thursdays feel very welcome and have been very accomodating (far better than the management of the Clock House, our former hosts). The food is good and reasonably priced and so too the beer. There will be new management but it is not closing. Why would it when it has no end of loyal customers.

Possibly then the manager at the Herne has changed since I and (according to their posts on this forum) several other people had problems with him a few years back.

ETA: Or possibly he was "spoken to" re his lack of good customer service and subsequently upped his game.

Who knows? I haven't been back there since.

• 2 weeks later...

Darral at the Herne is lovely in our opinion and he has been the manager there for maybe the last 5 years?

We think he is great, and really accomodating whenever we go in.

Makes for a lovely pub in the summer now we have our two year old too :)

I hope he isn't lost under the new management.