(FAKE) Recommendation Patrick P&T

jazzmatazz

I've been meaning to recommend Patrick as a builder for ages. I used him a while ago for some major work such as

plastering of ceiling and walls, painting, fencing and other bits and bobs. I then recommended him to my mom as she was looking for someone to knock down a wall and extend the bathroom plus redecorating it. She was very pleased with him as person and his work. From then on I keep recommending him to friends and each of them have been very pleased. :)

He does all kind of work - carpeting, painting/decorating, roofing, landscaping and so on...

So yea I highly recommend him as he is very reasonable (in my opinion), very skilled with 10 years of work experience and a pleasant bubbly person.

His contact number is 07901841265

I would highly recommend Patrick for roofing work. He spent a week repairing our roof which included re-roofing, lead work, replacing down pipes and guttering and work on the chimneys. The cost was very reasonable and he worked hard all day to get the job done. He also complete loose brickwork at the back of the house, in one day.

• 4 weeks later...

I see what you mean EDmumma - apologies. Also a curious coincidence that ERMC posting above only has two posts, one recommending P&T and the other recommending Jessy/jazzmataz, who seems to be Patrick P&T's biggest champion. I wonder if this is all just a big coincidence but I expect Admin can confirm.

Could all be completely innocent of course.

Hmmm...

yes there appears to be a very close link between JessyPT, ERMC, JessyPersonalTrainer, Jazzamatazz + JW86... and P&T Building Services.

Check out how many recommendations there were since October - and all for different things!

(see attached lists - captured as screen shot images).

Full refurb and extension 10/12/13

Loft conversion 06/12/13

Carpentry for stairs 06/12/13

Interior designer and builder 21/11/13

Hall/stairs/landing 19/11/13

Painter/decorator 19/11/13

Roofer/Builder 18/11/13

Handyman 17/11/13

Landscaping 17/11/13

Building Services 13/11/13

Fireplace installation 11/11/13

Guttering 06/11/13

Painter/decorator 04/11/13

Gutter cleaning 01/11/13

Build climbing frame 31/10/13

Bathroom flooring 10/10/13

Knock through 09/10/13

Cabinet maker and builder 09/10/13

I feel so stupid for falling for this scam. : (

Dear Edmumma, we didnt ran off with your money!!!! My partner had to go to hospital that day we suppose to start the work... So I came over and said we'll start tomorrow morning instead. All you said is you gonna call the police and send us to court... so please be realistic!!!! We spoken to you to start the work Saturday morning but you didnt get back to us.

All my clients I do some work are happy and I m not a scam at all!!!! So please be at least honest at tell the truth instead of putting such a rude comment into the forum!!!

Thanks

EDmumma Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Can someone please post on the West Dulwich forums

> too? I think people should be warned about this

> activity as it's false advertising.

You're asking people to post on another forum third-party - that in itself is false advertising - suggest you join the WD forum and post yourself perhaps??

LadyNorwood Wrote:

> EDmumma Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Can someone please post on the West Dulwich

> forums

> > too? I think people should be warned about this

> > activity as it's false advertising.

>

> You're asking people to post on another forum

> third-party - that in itself is false advertising

> - suggest you join the WD forum and post yourself

> perhaps??

What are you going on about?

Hi Lady Norwood,

apologies, you're right, that post makes no sense out of context.

I was referring to another forum thread where Gallagher noticed the link between all of the people (or person) here - who has now been deleted because oh her fraudulent activity...

You can read this discovery in this thread:

http://www.eastdulwichforum.co.uk/forum/read.php?30,1232735

It appears the false recommendations in this forum may start appearing in the West Dulwich forum too.

I thought perhaps a warning from a member with posting history would have more credibility.

I love community forums. I am really disheartened by this activity - and the fact that we went with this company because of how many recommendations they had from so many different people. We're now fighting to get over ?1000 of our money back - all because I trusted them.

I feel hurt and stupid. And angry.

I would really like to do my best to make sure other people in the community don't have to feel this way too.

Best

EDMumma

edcam Wrote:

> LadyNorwood Wrote:

> -----

> > EDmumma Wrote:

> >

>

> > -----

> > > Can someone please post on the West Dulwich

> > forums

> > > too? I think people should be warned about

> this

> > > activity as it's false advertising.

> >

> > You're asking people to post on another forum

> > third-party - that in itself is false

> advertising

> > - suggest you join the WD forum and post

> yourself

> > perhaps??

>

>

> What are you going on about?

do you mean me edcam?

Please send Admin a message to let him know who is sending the messages EDMumma, that's not on.

Poor poor form from the people/businesses involved here, especially as it's now not one, but two, businesses that look bad. Well done for raising it, and I hope you get your money back.

Is there any way for Admin to flag multiple user names from the same IP address? Even before users pick it up?

I have picked up a few of these fake recommendations, and its disappointing as it means good people may be questioned.

The best way to spot a fake is a new account recommending the business (say, less than 10 posts). Its not true for all, but is a common factor with these things.

Hi,

I'd just like to acknowledge that Patrick Walsh and Tony Avergis from P&T Building Services repaid our ?1300 deposit for work that never took place.

I would like to thank the EDF Administrator for support in responding quickly to the fraudulent recommendations/ endorsements.

I have learned many things in this stressful period and I am sharing them here in the hope that others do not have to go through the sleepness nights, sadness, disappointment, anger, worry and upset that I (and my family) have suffered as a result of this.

1. When reading recommendations, make sure you contact the person making the recommendation (and ask if possible to speak on the phone)

2. Be mindful of people posting recommendations without any posting history

3. If going ahead with contractors, make sure a Service Agreement is in place

4. Get a copy of their public liability insurance (personally I wouldn't trust anyone without it)

5. Facebook and other social networking platforms are a good way to check that a person is who they say they are and verify their stories/ (in our case, lies)

6. If an agreement is in place, the ?Doorstep Selling Regulations? (Trading Standards full term: consumer protection cancellation of contracts made in a consumer?s place of home or work, regulations 2008) allows for a 7 working day cooling off period (provided in writing). This means that you can withdraw from the agreement in that 7 day period, and it is illegal for them not to provide this information to you in writing.

7. A failure to turn up is considered a breech of contract under the legislation: supply of goods and services act

8. Posting false recommendations breeches the Advertising Standards Authority regulations that state: according to the advertising rules ?marketers must hold documentary evidence that a testimonial or endorsement used in a marketing communication is genuine, unless it is obviously fictitious, and hold contact details for the person who, organisation that, gives it (CAP Code 3.45).

9. If you end up on the short end of a disappointing dispute like this one, the Citizens Advice Consumer Helpline [[0845 404 0506]] offers excellent, free, unlimited legal advice. They guided me through the process of taking this company to court - each step (including letter content) and necessary documents required along the way. NB The money was returned shortly before the deadline for court proceedings - (which was 5pm today).

10. NEVER pay cash or bank transfer upfront. If you need to give money in advance for materials or in our case "to secure their employment" make sure you pay via Credit Card. Credit card payments provide you with much greater fraud protection (effectively they can just take the money back) than cash, cheque or bank transfer.

I really wish I didn't know any of this, I learned the hard way and we're now right back where we started in early November- with water damage to the kitchen that is in desperate need of repair.

Thanks for your neighbourly support