Anyone knows where will be the fireworks display 2013 ?

DaveR

BrandNewGuy Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Blackheath has an excellent display. It's usually

> very busy, but spreads out over a huge area.

xxxxxxx

How would you get to Blackheath by public transport from ED?

I imagine parking would be a nightmare?

Sue Wrote:

> BrandNewGuy Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Blackheath has an excellent display. It's

> usually

> > very busy, but spreads out over a huge area.

>

> xxxxxxx

>

> How would you get to Blackheath by public

> transport from ED?

>

> I imagine parking would be a nightmare?

Train from Denmark Hill or Peckham Rye is an easy way to get there. Sadly that train doesn't run after about 7:30/8pm so useless for a return journey.

Might be quickest to go via London Bridge at night, silly as it looks on a map. Or train and then swap onto a bus at New Cross or Lewisham maybe.

Sue Wrote:

> BrandNewGuy Wrote:

> -----

> usually

>

> xxxxxxx

>

> transport from ED?

>

185 to Lewisham then walk or short bus ride. (but traffic would be bad)

Parking impossible (even at normal times only a few paid parking spaces on Blackheath)

Foxy

The largest one in London is on Blackheath, and they have a pretty spectacular one in Crystal Palace too - two sittings, so that the littleuns can be taken to bed early. We used to live near Blackheath and I can guarantee it's a complete 'mare to find parking or get too.

We now live close to CP, and you are welcome to share our driveway if you cannot find parking around the park.

Cora Wrote:

> Adventure playground doesn't have fireworks but a

> huge bonfire and great atmosphere....

I'll second this one. Really great atmosphere - kids can play on the adventure playground, bands playing - last year's 'What Shall we do with the drunken sailor' a classic - can't remember the name of the band. ANyone?

Sue Wrote:

> BrandNewGuy Wrote:

> -----

> usually

>

> xxxxxxx

>

> transport from ED?

>

I went to school in Blackheath/Greenwich from ED + the journey is pretty easy. For the fireworks display I always get the 177 from Peckham bus garage to Greenwich (just past the museum) + walk up Maze Hill - that way you should avoid the traffic

onthemove123 Wrote:

> Blackheath is really nice, and it's free. It's

> over quite quickly though.

xxxxxx

How long does it last?

The last one I went to at Brockwell Park was quite long - whenever we thought it had finished, the fireworks started again!

It was very good, it was just the getting out of the park afterwards that was bad - thousands (?) of people trying to get through a few gates, and then trying to cross the main road. There were police etc but it all seemed a bit disorganised nevertheless - though obviously the traffic can't be held up indefinitely :)