East Dulwich Gentlemen's Club

What the hard working men of East Dulwich needs is a good honest Gentlemen's Club. We work hard all week - this week alone i've been on at least 4 boozy lunches, where i've had to tirelessly entertain my wealthy media clients with overpriced fois gras, washed down with far too much sauvignon for a school night. Then you can't find a black cab for love nor money (isn't commuting a bitch). You get home and you have to spend at least 20 minutes reading the freshly bathed and fed offspring a bedtime story. You can imagine how stressed we must all be. We need to unwind. East Dulwich needs a Gentlemen's Club!

A splendid idea. A long overdue chance for the gentlemen of the parish to unwind with a glass of fine wine, to peruse the FT and to exchange anecdotes, observations and racing tips. All talk of shoes and children would obviously be banned.

Please God can this be opened as soon as possible?

Ladies could perhaps be invited on an occasional basis - to perhaps give brief talks or presentations on points of local interest, but generally I believe this should be a place for gents only. Else the quality of conversation would soon degenerate and the whole atmosphere would inevitably become too emotional.

I can think of little worse than spending time with a antideluvial males in the evenings.

they market these things sometimes in the City - some over made up dyed blonde tartette grabs you whislt you are on the commute and tries to get you to sign up to the latest gentelmans club venture.I seem to be the only male in the are who recoils at the thought of paying to spend time in one of these grim places .

I suspect Dulwich Dad simply initiated this thread to brag about the trendy, meedja lifestyle he leads - all referred to, of course, as a simple aside, as if it is simply sooOOOO tiresome to be as successful as he is. Or is Dulwich Dad, maybe, just maybe, subtly taking the 'p' out of another contributor to this site??? I think we should be told!

BTW, does travelling to from ED to London count as a 'commute'?

I've noticed that Mr L never opens his garden shed (some buried secret there?) but has an intimate relationship with his (double) garage, which is the size of a bijou London residence and comes complete with fridges and freezers as well as vehicles and all manner of objects in a variety of materials. I do believe the garage is the (post)modern shed.