Dulwich Medical Centre (not) Closed down

Marshia25

DulwichFox Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> They sometimes close for 1/2 day for staff

> training sessions..

>

> They have 100's of registered patients.. I

> cannot see it has closed without warning.. ??

>

> DulwichFox

Actually the last time I checked (approx 2 years ago) they had over 60,000 patients (no I haven't typed an extra nought) and they're still accepting new ones, which is why they're unable to provide any kind of service to the patients...

60,000 hellosailor? I don't doubt you and that is shocking!

My daughter is away at university in her second year and has tried to access a doctor's appointment. I can't remember the last time she went to the doctor and so I know she is desperate. I've even offered to phone on behalf of her but she doesn't want me to.

Apparently they have an on-line booking system!

So daughter wouldn't be able to get an appointment until nearly two weeks away.

When I visit my Mum's in Market Harborough I can get an appointment at her local clinic without ANY problem on the day - I've had to do this a couple of times as well as using their walk-in local hospital service. Frankly it's quicker for me to get the train to Market Harborough and ask for an appointment than it is for me to get an appointment at 'my' doctors - DMC.

HP

I had a minor operation earlier this week which was carried out at Kings College Hospital. The follow up was to have a dressing changed daily. I was offered an appointment for 25 Nov to change a dressing (yes a month later)! Now going to Peckham (Lister) to have this done. What's the point of having a medical centre with zero capacity? If the numbers stated earlier (60,000) are correct it's clear why this place is not fit for purpose...