East Dulwich "Me & ED" Photo Competiton - The Winners

Love East Dulwich? Got Great Photos? We need you!

Everyone has a few great photos that capture that perfect moment. We?d love locals and visitors to submit their favourite photos of themselves, friends or scenes in and around East Dulwich for an outdoor exhibition this summer. These could be:

- People (you, friends or family, portraits, people in places etc)

- Places (parks, pubs, or your garden etc)

- Scenes (wildlife, flowers, buildings, or a perfect coffee, etc!)

They just need to capture the spirit of East Dulwich.

Photos can be new or old, in any season as long as you took them, we?d love to see them!

The winning shots will be used in an outdoor banner exhibition celebrating all that is great about East Dulwich and the people who live here.

Entries are open to individuals, schools and groups of all ages and abilities, using phones or digital cameras.

HOW TO ENTER THE COMPETITION

1. Post it on Instagram, and include #MEandED @LoveEastD in the photo caption.

2. Posting the photo on the ME&ED Facebook page and include #MEandED @LoveEastD in the photo caption

3. Email the photo to [email protected]

4. Entries can also be posted or delivered in person to: ED, 41 North Cross Road, East Dulwich, SE22 9ET.

Deadline for photo submissions is 5pm on Friday 29 June 2018

---------------------------

EAST DULWICH ACTION GROUP

The East Dulwich Action Group is comprised of local residents and businesses working together to deliver Southwark Council's High Street Challenge Initiative, provide a sense of identity to East Dulwich and promote the area to residents and visitors alike.

Our project partners are: Southwark Council / Network Rail / Dulwich Festival

Haha! In a world of ever shrinking hashtag ownership, this has to be one of the funniest #shares!

BunnyBurrow Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I love how selfies with Ed Sheeran keeping popping

> up when scrolling through instagrams hashtagged

> with #meanded :)

The 48hr countdown has started to submit your photos to the East Dulwich Photo Competition

HOW TO ENTER THE COMPETITION

1. Post it on Instagram, and include #MEandED @LoveEastD in the photo caption.

2. Posting the photo on the ME&ED Facebook page and include #MEandED @LoveEastD in the photo caption

3. Email the photo to [email protected]

4. Entries can also be posted or delivered in person to: ED, 41 North Cross Road, East Dulwich, SE22 9ET.

Deadline for photo submissions is 5pm on Friday 29 June 2018

---------------------------

Hi Lavender & Ken

Thanks for the enthusiasm to see the shots. We got a LOT of entries, so collation and then judging is going to take some time. We are also all doing this in our spare time around families and "real" jobs! : )

The aim is for the winners to be announced later this year before the banner exhibition is launched.

However we will keep you informed as the project progresses for sure.

Keep checking in on the website also: www.LoveEastDulwich.com

EDAG

lavender27 Wrote:

> Good morning

>

> When will we know who has won the competition. ?

> Will you post on here please. ?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Ken

Judging on this has been delayed because of availability of the judges and also the volunteers in the group have been stretched with the mural work. BUT it is the next item on our hit list! There won?t be one ?winner? tho. There will be multiple images selected to be displayed as part of the outdoor banner exhibition in the new year.

We will make sure to keep you up to date with progress.

EDAG

Wow, that?s a lot of question marks!

Nothing like a bit of enthusiasm, but do you mean since your post on the 6th....?

Did you enter Ken? The explanation above was pretty open and clear about the delay, so just keen to find out the root of your tone. We all volunteer on the project, including the judges, and with availability over summer and the mural element taking priority for a short time, this part has been delayed. You?ll be glad to hear that No one has been inconvenienced in a life changing way because of this though.

Keep an eye on this thread and you?ll be the very first one to know about the results however.

With regards to your ?Con? comment, the only Con to date has been the CONsiderable amount of time dedicated to making sure the High Street Challenge initiative delivers some fantastic additions to the East Dulwich landscape.

Watch this space.

In the meantime, if you are interested in volunteering your time with us, please send us an intro PM.

EDAG

Hi Cella

That's certainly not the intention. It honestly just comes down to hours in the day and the availability of key people.

We have 6 busy judges and a busy volunteer team, so it's a bit of a juggling act.

However, point taken and good advice. We will put together a schedule to post on the website and here later this week.

EDAG

hi eastDAG i am sorry about all the question marks but we don't have any answers yet,the deadline for the phots as you say in your first post was 5pm on Friday 29 June 2018,thats a long time to judge don't you think.as i was reading your first post i see you edited the post yesterday at 02:18pm just 1 min after you put your post up,why or what have you changed on the first post (sorry question mark)??.and if i did send you a photo for your so called competition i really would be pi----d of at the time it's taking to judge. and how do i do this then as you say "In the meantime, if you are interested in volunteering your time with us, please send us an intro PM." i think i could have picker a winner a long time ago. thanks for your QUICK REPLY to my post shame you can't pick a winner that quick

I hope those how took and submitted photo's keep ownership of their pictures and if you do use them, they get some financial return for their usage. All sounds very fishy to take sooooooooo long to judge a photo competion. By the way, how many pictures where submited to be judged??

Ken - already explained about the delay. Nothing to add to this really.

dbboy - Competition T&Cs on our website. Have a shufty.

Ruffers - We agree!! Luckily we are all fairly thick skinned, HOWEVER at the end of the process we will be waiting, bare chested on Goose Green to meet all nay-sayer in age old ritual hand-to-hand combat. Date to be announced!

As per your t&c

The entrant agrees to indemnify East Dulwich Action Group against any losses or damages suffered as a result of infringement of any third-party rights.

- Did you check each entrant indemnified you against any loses??

The winners will be announced by 10 July 2018 on LoveEastDulwich.com

- Looks like you have failed to meet your own t&c

Entrants grant permission for their photograph to be reproduced and displayed on a lamp post banner within East Dulwich, for up to 3 years, or for the lifetime of the banner itself. Entrants also grant permission for display in print materials, LoveEastDulwich.com, Instagram, Twitter and other social media platforms with or without crediting the entrant.

- Why three years??

- Seems very one sided.

What are the prizes?

via GIPHY

dbboy Wrote:

> As per your t&c

>

> The entrant agrees to indemnify East Dulwich

> Action Group against any losses or damages

> suffered as a result of infringement of any

> third-party rights.

>

> - Did you check each entrant indemnified you

> against any loses??

>

> The winners will be announced by 10 July 2018 on

> LoveEastDulwich.com

>

> - Looks like you have failed to meet your own t&c

>

> Entrants grant permission for their photograph to

> be reproduced and displayed on a lamp post banner

> within East Dulwich, for up to 3 years, or for the

> lifetime of the banner itself. Entrants also grant

> permission for display in print materials,

> LoveEastDulwich.com, Instagram, Twitter and other

> social media platforms with or without crediting

> the entrant.

>

> - Why three years??

> - Seems very one sided.

>

> What are the prizes?

so when you get exposed over your t&c you can't take the criticism and resort to posting childish images.

Just shows what sort of organisation/person you are and represent, remind me to take a wide berth of it. hahahahahaha.

To be honest can't see the purpose of your love East Dulwich organisation, what exactly is its purpose and what on earth do you do actually do???????

Hi Cella

Not disengaged at all. Just responding in a lighthearted way to the more hostile toned comments, especially when those involved didn't even participate!

To everyone who did participate, we genuinely apologise for the the delay. As we said above, arranging the judging panel and group members to be in one room over summer has been difficult, and our time and resources were diverted to the project management of the mural element. We are all volunteers on this project, with normal day jobs, and things don't always run as smoothly as you'd like. We hugely appreciate your participation and patience.

This is the next project on our hit-list, and we'll respond to the participants as quickly as we can with an update.

EDAG