East Dulwich "Me & ED" Photo Competiton - The Winners

According to the EDAG website: "We Are A Group Of Volunteers Comprising Of East Dulwich Businesses, Market Traders And Residents."

Presumably the group has a small committee and a leader/co-ordinator of some sort.

I'm not alone in finding the apparent anonymity of the group a bit disconcerting. In the interests of transparency, it would be good if the website could name the main individuals who are involved.

via GIPHY

Oh my... it's happening... again!

Don't be disconcerted, disheartened or discombobulated "Reg".

We addressed this as part of our mural post. If you have some time on your hands, and the disconcertationing just won't quit, you could check back for the answer to your question.

dbboy Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Entrants grant permission for their photograph to

> be reproduced and displayed on a lamp post banner

> within East Dulwich, for up to 3 years, or for the

> lifetime of the banner itself.

What is the purpose of these lamp post banners?

Will they be advertising local businesses?

And if so, are the photographers whose photos are to be used being paid?

>Entrants also grant permission for display in print materials,

> LoveEastDulwich.com, Instagram, Twitter and other

> social media platforms with or without crediting

> the entrant.

>

And are the photographers being paid for the use of their photos in all these other ways? And possibly not even going to be credited for their photos?

Sorry to be cynical, but this smacks of exploitation to me, irrespective of what was included in the terms and conditions of entry for the competition.

>The winners will be announced by 10 July 2018 on LoveEastDulwich.com

You say people have been "busy". Everybody is "busy". You should surely have taken into account the judges' other commitments before publicising 10 July as the date when you would announce the winners?

It is now three months since 10 July. Have all the judges been "busy" and the key people "unavailable" for three months? If so, it doesn't seem terribly likely that there will ever be a time when they will not be, does it?

ETA: And please give a link to other threads which you refer to, thanks.

Thanks for your queries. A lot of these have already been addressed, when asked in a similar one, on our other threads, so we won't go over old ground.

We'll be back on here with an update on progress as soon as we can. In the meantime, actual day jobs and all that...

eastDAG Wrote:

> Thanks for your queries. A lot of these have

> already been addressed, when asked in a similar

> one, on our other threads, so we won't go over old

> ground.

>

So we are just supposed to hunt around the forum for these "other threads" to get answers to our questions?

And even then they will only answer "a lot" of the questions on this thread?

What about the other questions?

And I agree that the tone and content of your recent posts on here are bizarre to say the least.

You seem to have time to post ridiculous GIFs, but no time to answer perfectly reasonable questions, or to provide links to your other threads.

any way i don't care about the wining photos now as we won't see them till after christmas, i hope the winners are named and the photos are put on the forum so we can see them. but i won't hold my breath. as the photos can be used for 3 years don't you think it's a good idea to start another East Dulwich Photo Competiton this will give the organisers time to PICK A WINNER.

Willard Wrote:

> Not only disengaged but also immature, sarcastic

> and trolling if the silly little GIFs and recent

> posts are anything to go by.

>

> What a strange way for an "action group" to

> conduct themselves on a public forum.

Totally on point and target, very well said.

• 2 months later...

EAST DULWICH PHOTO COMPETITION - EXHIBITION STARTS 5-6 JAN JEANNIE AVENT GALLERY

Following an incredible response from East Dulwich amateur photographers and Instagrammers, and a very difficult selection process, we are delighted to launch the East Dulwich "Me & ED" photo exhibition at the Jeannie Avent Gallery from 5-6 January 2019.

The submission process closed with a massive 411 entries, featuring a wide range of your favourite ED subjects, sent in by residents, visitors, instagrammers and photographers from the local community.

Judging took place at the end of the year, and after much deliberation and discussion, our fantastic panel of judges, comprising of residents, photographers, MPs, local businesses and artists, whittled 411 entries down to 20 winning shots.

All 411 entries, including the 20 winning shots, feature in an exhibition in the Jeannie Avent Gallery opening tomorrow and Sunday from 11am-4pm. We'd love you to come and check it out!

Jeannie Avent Gallery, 14 North Cross Road

These shots will also feature in an outdoor exhibition of banners mounted throughout the village, appearing in January.

We'd like to say a HUGE thank you to everyone who participated, our awesome winners, our fantastic judges and Jeannie Avent for giving us the space to show your photos!

We'll be releasing the winning shots over the next few days on Instagram at

[www.instagram.com]

@loveeastd

#loveeastdulwich

#meandED

We'll also be releasing them at the same time on our website:

[loveeastdulwich.com]

---------------------------

EAST DULWICH ACTION GROUP

The East Dulwich Action Group are a group of volunteers working with the community to celebrate the spirit of East Dulwich. We are comprised of local residents and businesses working together to deliver Southwark Council's High Street Challenge Initiative, and promote the area to residents and visitors alike.

Project Deliverables: East Dulwich Station Mural / East Dulwich Photo Exhibition / East Dulwich Banner Exhibition / North Cross Road Community Stall / Ongoing Market Improvements

Our project partners are: Southwark Council / Network Rail / Dulwich Festival

Find out more at:

www.LoveEastDulwich.com

Super excited to reveal the winners of the @loveeastd #meanded photo competition

We'll be posting them all on here in the next few weeks but in the meantime, to see the winners and all the other amazing entries on display, head to the Jeannie Avent Gallery on North Cross Road this weekend from 11am - 4pm.

Congratulations to Paul Scannell, LemorDanny Abbott, Andrew Carter, Kate Hills, Bethie Hungerford, Amy Little, Fraser MacDonald, Talitha McQueen, Gemma Mills, Lynetta Moran, Hannah Morris, Stephanie Rogers, Paul Scannell, Limor Tevet, Romy Thomas, Mark Thompson, Roger Williams & Katriona Windsor

eastDAG, can't believe you have the gall to post on here after the slatting you got last time, but you have, so here goes......... So it has taken this bunch of self appointed judges made up of a local councillor, a gallery owner, two photographers, a web site editor, an e paper editor, someone from an art club, a VA of an RA and a local retailer six months to select and "judge" 20 winners (5%) from 411 photo's!!! Really what took them so long? (oh,and no excuses, just some honest answers)

Don't repeat the fiasco and if you even consider doing it again, I'd suggest a group of professionals who know what they are up to, who can select the best pictures, who most importantly have the time, resources, capability and balls to do the job properly.

Wow, that's really unpleasant and vitriolic dbboy. Personally I think it's good that something creative like this has been tried and done, hopefully there will be more things like it.The first time's never going to be perfect but spitting nails at them and saying don't repeat it again makes it sound like they tried to organise a far-right march.

eastDAG, thanks for trying, I know what it's like to herd cats and get shit done whilst real life gets in way sometimes. By the way I think the judges sound like a good mix.

Good afternoon everyone! After an incredibly hectic and successful exhibition at the Jeannie Avent Gallery over the weekend, it's time to start revealing the winners of the @loveeastd #meanded photocompetition. We'll be releasing the winners on our Instagram account (https://www.instagram.com/loveeastd/) over the week, but if you can't wait, you can pop over to our website (www.loveeastdulwich.com/me-ed-photo-competition) to see all the incredible entries.

WINNER No 1/20

HELTER SKELTER by Bethie Hungerford (Hungermama)

Nothing cheers up a monday morning like a helterskelter in the sunshine.

Congratulations to @hungermama for this fab shot

"Thank you for this! I love what you guys are doing and the community spirit you?re building in our lovely neck of the woods. 💕xxx" - hungermama

https://www.instagram.com/hungermama

The East Dulwich Action Group are a group of volunteers working with the community to celebrate the spirit of East Dulwich. We are comprised of local residents and businesses working together to deliver Southwark Council's High Street Challenge Initiative, and promote the area to residents and visitors alike.

Project Deliverables: East Dulwich Station Mural / East Dulwich Photo Exhibition / East Dulwich Banner Exhibition / North Cross Road Community Stall / Ongoing Market Improvements

Find out more at:

www.LoveEastDulwich.com

A few more of the winners of the @loveeastd #meanded photocompetition. We'll be releasing the winners here over the week, but if you can't wait, you can pop over to our website (www.loveeastdulwich.com/me-ed-photo-competition) to see all the fab entries.

WINNER No 2

AUTUMN ON THE RYE - Lynetta Moran

This morning?s winner reminds us how stunning autumn is on The rye. congratulations Lynetta Moran and thank you for submitting this beautiful pic. We love a misty morning and those autumn colours are amazing.

"So lovely to see so many locals snaps capturing the beauty and spirit of #eastdulwich in the @loveeastd exhibition, it's easy to see why we love this special little part of London! #communityspirit #meanded #londonlove #se22

https://www.instagram.com/lmoran_2727/

WINNER No 3

DUCKS IN DULWICH SNOW - Amy Little

Our next winner is these little plucky ducks braving the snow. Thank you Amy Little for this beautiful winter shot

"Whether the ducks or the parakeets rule the roost in Dulwich Park, they?re a lot of fun and beloved by visitors young and old every day of the year. On this snowy March 2018 afternoon the ducks were in their element, even if they couldn?t dabble as usual on the frozen pond."

Find out more at:

www.LoveEastDulwich.com

Hello EastDAG

correct me if I am wrong , your OP in the "what's on" section, stated the exhibition would run until 9th January. I passed by there today and everything had been taken down. What happened?

Kind regards

Lavender27

Ps I have also posted same message in "what's on"

The autumn leaves one looks like it could be the walkway from Barry Road to the beginning of Nunhead Lane but I agree that the other two look more like Dulwich Park than East Dulwich.

And what is it with EDAG?s signature at the bottom - Village Wide Banner Exhibition. What Village? Or have Dulwich Estates agreed to banners being mounted on lamp-posts in Dulwich Village? That?ll be the day.

Hi Lavender

That was my mistake unfortunately. When we discussed the exhibition initially, the end date was the 9th.

However another artist needed the space for a commercial exhibition, and as Jeannie was kindly giving us the space for free, we had to cut it short. I'm really sorry about this. We MIGHT be running it again in the future if we can find the space. 411 shots take up a LOT of wall space, and we still have nightmares about the bluetack!! : )

All the entries however are here:

www.loveeastdulwich.com/me-ed-photo-competition

lavender27 Wrote:

> Hello EastDAG

> correct me if I am wrong , your OP in the "what's

> on" section, stated the exhibition would run until

> 9th January. I passed by there today and

> everything had been taken down. What happened?

>

> Kind regards

> Lavender27

>

> Ps I have also posted same message in "what's on"

Abe - The original brief was "your favourite shots in an around East Dulwich"

So the shots have been bang on tbh.

Lots of variety of subject and locations over the 411 shots. You can find them here:

www.loveeastdulwich.com/me-ed-photo-competition

Abe_froeman Wrote:

> These three pictures are very nice but none of

> them seem to have been taken in East Dulwich!

>

> Seems a poor advert for East Dulwich that even its

> own residents think the best thing about it is

> leaving to go to a neighbouring area!

Hi Nxjen

I think most locals would class Dulwich Park as in their area.

And by village, I meant East Dulwich. I can change it to "Hood" or "Yard" to differentiate?

The banner exhibition will be limited to the boundaries of East Dulwich.

nxjen Wrote:

> The autumn leaves one looks like it could be the

> walkway from Barry Road to the beginning of

> Nunhead Lane but I agree that the other two look

> more like Dulwich Park than East Dulwich.

>

> And what is it with EDAG?s signature at the bottom

> - Village Wide Banner Exhibition. What Village? Or

> have Dulwich Estates agreed to banners being

> mounted on lamp-posts in Dulwich Village? That?ll

> be the day.

Hello DAGS

I missed the exhibition and have gone to your website where you say we can view all the photographs, I was under the impression that we could view them one by one and not the wall exhibition as placed in the gallery. I cannot see all the photos they are blurred and on enlarging the screen makes it worse.

Am I looking in the wrong place is there a separate place to view them one by one.

Kind regards

Lavender.