East Dulwich "Me & ED" Photo Competiton - The Winners

Haha! Does someone need a little quiet time out D?

If you'd scrolled down past the 5 winners, you'd see not 406, NOT 407 BUT ALL 411 entries!!

Just scroll past the winners. That's all you need to do. Just scroll past the winners. Get to the winners, and keep scrolling. That's all you need to do. Just scroll down.... past the winners.... and HEY PRESTO!

Now, there are a LOT of images on that page, so the gallery will load in relation to the speed of your connection.

Broadband should be fast. On mobile, it'll be slower obviously. And within an adult nursery, load speed may be slower. But give it a go.

Please acknowledge that this has worked for you, along with your apology.

I had to open up 3 different browsers before the other images finally started to load - I realised the trick was to keep scrolling. It does strike me as a slightly pointless effect. Why the need to scroll to initiate the load?

Apology, if anyone needs to apologise it's you and your motley bunch who have taken SIX MONTHS PLUS to select YOUR winners.

Your sarcasm does you no credit and as for quiet time, that comment was totally unnecessary.

You shouldn't have needed to be pushed to have published them all and it shouldn't have taken you so long. Hell will have to freeze over before you get one, you've got a VERY long wait.

Johnie: It's a "Lazy Load" Johnie. It loads on demand rather than placing the full download weight on the page launch.

I'll keep my eye on the page delivery and perhaps turn this element off. There are a LOT of images on that page however, so I'd be worried it would chug without it. Thanks for letting me know tho. UX is always appreciated.

Sidhue: just checked it in Safari, and the images do load. It won't be instant however as there are hundreds of images on that page. You will need to be a little patient on this page, but they will load.

dbboy: The photo submissions have been publicly available on Instagram from day 1.

I have some sympathy for dbboy: all a bit patronising when, let's face it, this is about local businesses wanted help and goodwill from locals to help build local trade! Your posts are disengaging some of your target audience.

Agree with Abe that few truly reflect ED. It would have been nice to see local landmarks reflected. If you think the village, the gallery and the park are extensions of ED I'm guessing you're new to the area!

I see this as the EDAG trying to do something positive and people now trying to tear it down.

Maybe those being critical could explain what they plan to do for the benefit of the local community?

It?s not the critic who counts etc etc

As someone who took part in the competition, and as one of the winners, it?s really sad to see such unecessery negativity for something that is meant to be a light-hearted, photographic collaboration of everyone?s passion of East Dulwich & photography. As one of the people actually involved in the competition, I haven?t felt let down or left in the dark about the exhibition by the organisers, and unsure where this animosity has stemmed from. I want to personally thank the organisers and judges for taking their time putting this together, it?s been a pleasure and has been a wonderful thing to be part of!

"Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain ? and most fools do"

If you slag them off enough then you'll put others off...

"I'm not even going to try that good/fun/community thing in East Dulwich, I remember some people tried to do something a bit creative and community minded once and they got shot down on that forum. I'm going to take the safe options and watch Strictly Love Jungle repeats instead".

Seriously though I hope most people can see through the spitefulness hurled at the organisers of a local photo competition for what it is, a bit like shooting fish in a barrel. I think they tried, they succeeded but it was a bit bumpy along the way and I'm sure (I hope) they'll do it again with a few improved tweaks.

Edag might have been trying, used in the "loosest" terms for the community, can I suggest you look back to last year and how they he/treated people who dared comment on their inability to meet their own deadlines. He was scathing at the time and now he expects everyone to say what a great job he/they did. Well, others may think so, but personally I think you let a lot of people down.

They have now finally announced their chosen winners, and I have to admit it must have been difficult based on the entries they had. Indeed it must have been like shooting fish in a barrel with all that choice.

Ron - I am not trying to "tear it down", just exposing the organisers for what they are, getting public funds and not delivering what was supposed to be delivered when it was supposed to be done.

Hannah Morris - well done for having taken part and if you haven't felt let down, well that's good

Mark - it is not spitefulness by any means. If you are happy with edag and co expecting everyone to go yipee, didn't we do a great job, well that's your choice, I think not.

Oh and an exhibition of the works that was supposed to last a week lasted a day, plus edag making it like a fishing trip to find and see all the entries and then saying they were on instagram from the start. Well if you had told people, they could have seen all the entries but he didn't. Try Communication, Communication, Communication or should that be Education, Education, Education!!!!!!

Simply put, the results are six months late, no excuse, no apology, no explanation as to why and these are supposed business people running the thing. Gives you little if any faith in their ability, I hope the sponsors look at the lessons learnt if the whole episode is ever repeated.

Ffs, get a life and move on - you made your point countless times and now it just sounds limp..!

bboy Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Edag might have been trying, used in the "loosest"

> terms for the community, can I suggest you look

> back to last year and how they he/treated people

> who dared comment on their inability to meet their

> own deadlines. He was scathing at the time and now

> he expects everyone to say what a great job

> he/they did. Well, others may think so, but

> personally I think you let a lot of people down.

>

> They have now finally announced their chosen

> winners, and I have to admit it must have been

> difficult based on the entries they had. Indeed it

> must have been like shooting fish in a barrel with

> all that choice.

>

> Ron - I am not trying to "tear it down", just

> exposing the organisers for what they are, getting

> public funds and not delivering what was supposed

> to be delivered when it was supposed to be done.

>

> Hannah Morris - well done for having taken part

> and if you haven't felt let down, well that's

> good

>

> Mark - it is not spitefulness by any means. If you

> are happy with edag and co expecting everyone to

> go yipee, didn't we do a great job, well that's

> your choice, I think not.

>

> Oh and an exhibition of the works that was

> supposed to last a week lasted a day, plus edag

> making it like a fishing trip to find and see all

> the entries and then saying they were on instagram

> from the start. Well if you had told people, they

> could have seen all the entries but he didn't. Try

> Communication, Communication, Communication or

> should that be Education, Education,

> Education!!!!!!

>

> Simply put, the results are six months late, no

> excuse, no apology, no explanation as to why and

> these are supposed business people running the

> thing. Gives you little if any faith in their

> ability, I hope the sponsors look at the lessons

> learnt if the whole episode is ever repeated.

wow, what a lot of umbrage taken and given!

I wasn't aware of this competition until i saw the photos in the latest Dulwich Diverter and thought i'd check the forum (for the first time in ages) for some background

i really liked the pictures, especially the portrait of our local street cleaner and the ones of the ducks and the jumping fox cub. Most of the locations are recognisably ED, and i'm looking forward to seeing the street banners in due course

Looking at your website, looks like you've got some good stuff planned

BUT - who are you, EDAG?

i'm very curious about who the "volunteers comprising of (sic) East Dulwich businesses, market traders and residents" are - there's no info on your website!

• 1 month later...
Absolutely Abe. We needed to wait for the Xmas lights and electrics to be decommissioned, and some structural testing to be completed, but the winning shots look fantastic at scale and they are at print right now. They will be mounted very shortly.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Goldilocks

All print elements were signed off by Southwark's brand integrity team and providing we can secure a slot, we hope they'll be hung next week.

goldilocks Wrote:

> Hi there - wondered if there was any update on

> this please? Do you know when the banners might

> be put up? Thanks.

Update for you Goldilocks - the winning image banners will be hung Wednesday 13 March.

Exciting stuff!!

goldilocks Wrote:

> Thanks for the update

Hi Hannah

EVERYWHERE! I've attached the location sheet for you.

Every winning shot appears on Lordship Lane, from the station to the library, at least once. Then there are a spread of winning shots throughout East Dulwich.

Let us know what you think when you see them!

EDAG

HannahMorris-ED Wrote:

> Hey, where abouts will they be hung? Thanks!