Forum Sponsors

www.hensonsecurity.com

www.no-flies.co.uk

https://www.gokayfitness.com/class

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
Which pubs, bars, restaurants and take-aways do you avoid?
Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
messageRe: Best Chinese restaurant?
Posted by firth November 29, 11:30PM

Steamers Rye Lane not a quite a restaurant but you can eat in. Cooked in front of you which I like.

Posted by Satellite December 02, 10:13AM

If money is no object or you have a nice expense account, Hunan or Hakkasan, locally silk road and for tick the boxes Chinese I would go for Tasty House (great sweet and sour chicken balls) or Hong Kong.

Posted by Willard December 02, 01:40PM

Not exactly on our doorstep but not too far, Sanxia Renjia in Deptford is good.

[www.theguardian.com]

The dishes come in quite large so probably works better in groups of 3 or 4 to share and try a few, as opposed to solo or couples.

Also +1 for Steamers on Rye Lane, their lunch boxes are great value.

Posted by DovertheRoad December 02, 02:09PM

Satellite Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If money is no object or you have a nice expense
> account, Hunan or Hakkasan, locally silk road and
> for tick the boxes Chinese I would go for Tasty
> House (great sweet and sour chicken balls) or Hong
> Kong.

Yep. It's an unassuming pick up only place just down from Kings Hospital but Tasty House is very decent for classic western Chinese dishes. It's always quite busy and hospital workers and many passing cabbies swear by it. Crispy noodles are decent there. And it's called Tasty House - right up there with "Jade Garden" on the classic takeaway names list. What's not to like?

Posted by Seabag December 07, 11:17AM

Has anybody tried this place?

South Feast Kitchen
59 Cheltenham Rd, London SE15 3AF
020 7732 2593
[goo.gl]

Posted by arturo Yesterday, 03:05PM

Depends if you're looking for standard UK chinese takeaway options, or the real thing! I'll go with the latter..

Fu House on Dartmouth Road in Forest Hill is worth checking out. Aside from the bog-standard takeaway options, the 'traditional dishes' section of the menu has a decent selection of Szechuan dishes.

Silk Road is pretty good for food from Xinxiang, but has gone downhill a bit. Never been that impressed by the quality Wuli Wuli unfortuantely, despite having a handful of authentic-sounding Szechuan options. Apart from that you're looking at going into town where there are loads of great options.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit was yesterday, 03:07pm by arturo.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed               Copyright 2006 - 2018 East Dulwich Forum