Virgin Media down again (25/6) ?

It's gone down here in Bellenden Road every day this week, several times, but not for long each time. Today it went off at around 9.30am and has not come back on. I've called the faults line several times and each time the automated system has suggested a different fix before cutting me off. I called again after trying all of the fixes and it now says they are aware of a fault in the area, which should be fixed by 3pm. I'm not holding out much hope.

Down in Peckham as well.

Heads up: I was on a ?29 contract (Broadband only) until end of last year. Since then VM has increased their bill slowly (a few pounds each time) until charging me ?37.50 in May (broadband only no increase in speed!). When I complained about the 30% increase they told me it was their rate now and from June their best price would be ?42!!

Thieves!! To profit from the current situation is just a shame

I am currently looking at other providers

Good luck and stay safe!

Complaints on here always seem to be about Virgin!

I am genuinely bemused as to why people stay with them.

Is it because they are much much better than other providers when you can actually get online?

@sue

> Complaints on here always seem to be about Virgin!

> I am genuinely bemused as to why people stay with them.

On our road, we have no choice but Virgin fibre or dial-up (unless we go satellite which is just daft just to get an internet connection).

Virgin owns the fibre on our road, and nobody else has put any down, so we suck it up, or go back to the days of watching images visibly downloading.

Rob

ribrob Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> @sue

>

> > Complaints on here always seem to be about

> Virgin!

> > I am genuinely bemused as to why people stay

> with them.

>

> On our road, we have no choice but Virgin fibre or

> dial-up (unless we go satellite which is just daft

> just to get an internet connection).

>

> Virgin owns the fibre on our road, and nobody else

> has put any down, so we suck it up, or go back to

> the days of watching images visibly downloading.

>

> Rob

Oh dear. Monopoly situation then. That's bad.

• 3 weeks later...