> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Nice one Hal, great

> >

> > ....and for the sake of clarity that IS sarcasm

>

> Did you actually read the thread that this is all

> about ????'s?

And you think it's just about that thread eh Declan?

Anyway, even I think this forum is turning to pants now - many decent posters gone poorer quality threads and posts inhouse sniping and by the looks of it Admins getting even more p1ssed off with it too. Still, I guess some people will get what they want....no inner circle, no favouritism, no moderators and er, no forum.

Declan Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Did you actually read the thread that this is all

> about ????'s?

The Crystal Clear one? I read it.

Yeah, it was a toe-curler for sure. But based-on time of posting, previous virtual character (going back a good three years) and known association with known good eggs, I read it a few times once and thought (at the time.. and now confirmed by Mockney) it to be a woefully inept bit of punnery sitting atop a whole heap of bad taste.

I suppose that puts me in some kind of inner circle too, despite not knowing anyone.

That said, I think I was standing behind ???? in the Co-Op last week and had to resist the temptation to flick his ear.

MP, it wasn't a snipe at quids. You are probably aware that when Chrystal started that thread I tried to engage the person in conversation to try and understand what the problem was (there was very little clarity in what was written) while some called for Admin to step in due to various things they considered offensive. My point to quids was that without having read that thread it is impossible to make a judgement due to all of the facts not being available.

Your defence of Chrystal is based on knowing the person which is fair enough as everyone (well me anyway) writes garbage here on occasions which doesn't reflect who we really are or what we are really like. Chrystal came across as being completely 'out of it'. The debate which ensued was to do with Hal's comments on your role as a moderator and the fact you defended the posts by Chrystal where in the past you might not have been so forgiving. Have I got that right?

So if quids has all of the information and then chooses to blame HAL for your resignation so be it.He is entitled to his view as much as anyone else. If he hadn't read the thread though he's hardly in a position to blame anyone for it.

Oh what have I woken up to?

Crystal Clear did what lots of us have done: drunk too, too much then came on the Forum. His thread which was amusing to begin with (and which I contributed to), went over the top and was pulled.

In a separate issue, a fine gentleman vouched for his usual good character.

How can that have descended into such a farce? Mockney, please stay on board, you are a shining example of a voice of reason and fairness.

Indeed, Admin and Mods, you are a great, self-sacrificing bunch who allow me to live a virtual, vicarious life. Thank you - keep it up.

Blimey, and I still remember when quids was ?? and us old timers used to say the same thing, and then he'd scamper in and tell us off... ah happy days

As for supermarket queues, i just assume *Bob* is behind me at all times anyway - keeps me behaved it does

Interesting thread tho. I would say I can see where Piers is cominf from totally but that would leave me open to accusations of...etc etc

That's more or less it Declan.

I personally stood up for someone. As PGC and Bob said, the thread was drunkenly ill judged. I'm sure most have regretted drinking and calling/posting in the past; it happens.

My vouching has nothing to do with my old moderator responsibilities and wolf's permanent banning is long long long overdue in my opinion, he's been indulged more than all other tightrope walking posters put together.

Again my personal opinions and posts are not relevant here especially as that was a decision i was not in a position to make; merely an opinion offered.

I'd love to know what people think moderation involves. It's all about making sure things are in the right place. Politely PMing people informing them that you've put a theed in the offers section. Occasionaly fixing picture links or shrinking huge embedded pictures so they don't bend pages out of shape. It isn't about power it's about holding hands and helping the place run more smoothly than it otherwise might.

Can I just say that I think the admin team are absolutely brilliant, and they really care which is all that is important. round of applause and hats off to you chap(esse)s. And yes I vouch for them personally too seeing as im apparently finally allowed an opinion.

Quids is quite right to blame HAL. I blame HAL. He's been working on this for a while, and from what I am able to glean from his online persona, I believe this has actually been a strategy and I hope he's happy that his long term goal has been realised.

I'm only ashamed that I've thrown on the towel, but there's only so much criticism you can put up with for something you do voluntarily before it becomes too much. As my dad would say 'i wasn't born to suffer' so fuck it frankly.

But a million thanks for the kind words and messages of support from people; you honestly don't know how much it means to me.

MP, my comments are based on what happened at the w/end. I was not aware of there being something else going on in the background until quids made his remark after I asked him what I thought was a reasonable question.As he has chosen not to answer the question I assume he didn't read Chrystal thread, which I considered to be central to the debate.

Obviously here was a different debate going on which I've no opinion on as I know nothing about it. It's a shame you felt it necessary to have thrown the towel in as that doesn't amount to a victory worthy of the name for HAL. All we are dealing with here are words which can often be miscontrued. Your defence of Chrystal was based on somthing more than that, knowledge of the person.