Roll Deep

Mick Mac

It's true to say that HAL9000 annoyed Mockney so much that he has stepped down as a moderator. HAL9000 may not be aware of the effect that his "issues with moderators" comments have and I was just trying to ask that he doesn't do it to anyone else. HAL, here's one previous occasion where you've annoyed Mockney http://www.eastdulwichforum.co.uk/forum/read.php?20,363602,364899#msg-364899.

I want to make you aware of how you come across to me, for example I expressed my opinion earlier and you then come back with "I suggest your judgement may be clouded by..." and "you are seeing what you want to see rather than...", it just sounds so patronising and unnecessary. However next time we meet I would like to buy you a drink and resolve any differences.

Now can someone please put a happy tune on the decks and pour everyone a drink on the house.

Mark Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

HAL, here's one previous occasion where

> you've annoyed Mockney

Mark, you know that I have the greatest of respect for you and for the service you provide (for free, and out of sheer passion) for us.

However, I have to tell you that I am deeply saddened at how you seem to have felt the need to stoop so low as to dig up an old thread. Had anyone else done that I suspect that X would be receiving a barrage of PMs and public posts telling him/her that this was bad form.

God this is all so upsetting.

If we lose another moderator, and they are free to go if they please, the forum will close. Please don't make another one leave.

-------------------

If a moderator steps down could you not just appoint another one? To say the forum would close if that happens is just bluster because I would suggest this forum means more to you mark than any one of us judging by how you like to let us know the user figures etc, it's a bit harsh in my opinion to put that on one person when its blatantly not going to happen under any circumstance. I will volunteer to moderate if mockers steps down, there you go no harm done. I for one think that HAL is an assett to this space and has a lot to offer. I also think the same of mockers. So does Mockers need to be defended with old digs and snipes from Hal being being reposted, not really.

let there be love.

hugs

Easy.

But you were happy with this then Lady Muck...and with no evidence?

From my point of view Hal clearly has issues with the moderation the running of this site and I do genuinely believe MP which he hints at constantly and then takes the "Wot me guv" line. Meanwhile Mark has one less moderator.

iaineasy Wrote:

I will volunteer to moderate if

> mockers steps down, there you go no harm done.

Hugs iaineasy.

>I

> for one think that HAL is an assett to this space

> and has a lot to offer. I also think the same of

> mockers. So does Mockers need to be defended with

> old digs and snipes from Hal being being reposted,

> not really.

I couldn't agree more iaineasy.

Hugs x

That last post by me wasn't a dig at mark, just an observation, I think he does a cracking job and to be honest I owe alot to this forum, I get alot of work from here, and could probably even go so far to say that perhaps its a good time to wipe this thread (since it was started about an idiot that keeps getting banned has been bad vibe all the way through) and get back to the very serious issue of not picking daffodils in peckham rye park.:))

iaineasy Wrote:

> That last post by me wasn't a dig at mark, just

> an observation, I think he does a cracking job and

> to be honest I owe alot to this forum

I realise that iaineasy...don't worry. Mark does do a "cracking job".

???? Wrote:

--------------------------------------------------------

>Maybe Mark should just hand over the keys to those who criticise his forum,

>posts and moderation and let them see how they get on.

????, I sincerely hope you are not referring to me here. If you are not then I apologise unreservedly - I feel a little emotionally drained over this "affair". However, if you are, then could I please refer you to something I posted earlier. It is self-explanatory:

I think the only mistake that Admin appear to have made here is to basically spoil the lot of us over the years! Most of us, in all probability, now take this Forum for granted - myself included.

When we attempt to log onto it, we expect it to be there, functioning without fault with all of its trimmings. If it slows down we complain, if a thread develops a malfunction we express further displeasure, and if a post disappears we throw the toys out of the pram (well I do!) and so on...However, we should in all fairness stop and remind ourselves that this Forum is not a right...we are not entitled to access it as of right, by law, or under some contractual arrangement...

...at the end of the day we should all remember that Admin could shut this forum down if he felt so inclined. And, to be honest, I wouldn't blame him given the hard time he is currently experiencing...

*ducks*

???? Wrote:

> Maybe Mark should just hand over the keys to those

> who criticise his forum, posts and moderation and

> let them see how they get on.

>

> Load of bollox.

That's your answer to everything you don't agree with quids......'load of bollox'. It may be Mark's forum but the forum wouldn't exist if it weren't for the users either. I suppose you are bored now.

Sue Wrote:

> iaineasy Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> I owe a lot to this forum, I get alot

> > of work from here,

>

> xxxxxxx

>

> How?

He makes lots of money.

He charges for hugs.

Declan Wrote:

> ???? Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Maybe Mark should just hand over the keys to

> those

> > who criticise his forum, posts and moderation

> and

> > let them see how they get on.

> >

> > Load of bollox.

>

> That's your answer to everything you don't agree

> with quids......'load of bollox'. It may be Mark's

> forum but the forum wouldn't exist if it weren't

> for the users either. I suppose you are bored now.

I'm certainly bored of your continued attention. Actually, my usual answer to things that I don't agree with is to argue against them. I've done that several times on here to not much response from those on a certain side of this argument. Go and look through my posts not that many 'load of bollox'.

> Oh listen, the DJ's playing Do the Locomotion by

> Kylie, let's train everybody!

Yes, lets all have a bit of a boogie - most people on here are fun IMO, purely for their variety of opinions, individual thoughts and subsequent debate.

I cannot tell the difference between those users who are regular posters and those who have a moderating job too. But as someone said earlier on this thread, some terrible things are happening out there in the world today so some perspective would not go amiss.

Meanwhile, we have a forum to enjoy....in lovely East Dulwich no less B) Now what's the next track....?

jimmy two times Wrote:

> I think we should all take a deep breath...calm

> down...and go and get free hugs from Ian. Just

> form an orderley queue by his tradesmans entrance.

*pushes JTT out of the way and heads for the front of the queue*