david_carnell Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> "Alternative" medicine/health/woo advocate dies

> after ignoring actual medical advice and

> treatement instead opting for kilos of fruit juice

> and coffee-enemas. Mother had previously died

> after following same treatement plan. Darwinism at

> work.

At least she made her own choice. Those who were victims of the Morecambe Bay scandal did not. The deaths of almost a dozen babies were blamed on midwives in ?over-zealous pursuit? of ?natural childbirth at any cost?.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/health/news/11448226/National-probe-into-maternity-care-ordered-after-lethal-mix-of-failings-found.html

Midwives, and any others, who want ?natural childbirth at any cost? should go and live in the Congo where they might actually do some good.

But it's not just midwives. Organisations like the NTC also need to take a level of responsibility. I've heard so many stories where women said they felt like failures when their plans for natural birth didn't go to plan.

Although to be fair I'm going back 5 years, may be better now.

Loz Wrote:

> Are you saying men don't do pointless bravado?

> 100's of Birmingham curry houses might disagree

> with you...

I was saying (with tongue in cheek) that men wouldn't do pointless pain.

Otta Wrote:

>

> I was saying (with tongue in cheek) that men wouldn't do pointless pain.

The internet turns me into Sheldon Cooper. Satire? Sarcasm? Damn - 9 from 23 this month.

• 2 weeks later...

So Netanyahu confirms what we've suspected for 15 years, that in our brave new world full of useful 'turrists' Israel has no intention of making peace or going for any state solution at all, be it one, two or pie in the sky.

And all those negotiations where people said to the palestinians 'just give in to their demands and stick to peaceful negotiations' were all in entirely bad faith, as was obvious to anyone looking on dispassionately.

And it barely makes the news...are we so jaded?

So given the confirmation that you've perpetuity in a occupational police state or ghetto prison, what would you do?

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/17/world/middleeast/benjamin-netanyahu-campaign-settlement.html

nets is a wanker of the highest order. he never got over his bro being killed at Entebbe back in the day, has a real hard on for bloody revenge. Its very very sad when the only future is to continue the siege mentality - ramping up the fallacy at home that the US is abandoning them has helped a great deal. just another sad day for the region

The BBC is a Global name well respected around the World.

It cannot be seen to be Demonstrating Double Standards...

If a less prominent employee were to punch someone it would be instant dismissal. No questions asked.

Clarkson is a vulgar A**ehole. His comments only funny ?

to those of similar 'Could not give a s**t about anyone else ' attitude.

I used to enjoy the programme but it started to become 'Sameish' and unbeleveable.

It was a bit of a stop gap for me on a Sunday night whilst waiting for Pub O'clock time.

Can't say I will miss Clarkson. Can't see the programme returning to our screens.

DulwichFox

• 2 weeks later...

I had hoped that there would be an alternative petition to keep Clarkson sacked. Along the lines that John Lydon's brother campaigned to keep Hugh Strangler in Pentonville when he had been put away for a short time for possession of a class A drug.

Anyway, not an astute observation but in the same way that Frasier, Roseanne, Happy Days and no doubt other US comedies, Top Gear became forumlaic long ago. Yes entertaining, and nowt wrong with a guilty pleasure or two, but you knew the plot before it started.

malumbu Wrote:

> I had hoped that there would be an alternative petition to keep Clarkson sacked.

There was. https://www.change.org/p/top-gear-the-bbc-bbc-do-not-bring-back-clarkson?recruiter=59305867&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=autopublish&utm_term=mob-xs-share_petition-reason_msg&fb_ref=Default - it got 343 signatures.

People power at its best.