Overloaded with election-related literature?

Loz Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I have a brief look before adding them to the

> recycling pile. Some of the 'we are the only

> party that can beat the incumbent' stats/graphs

> are appalling and misleading. Really, it makes

> them look completely dishonest - and I'd have to

> say the Greens were the worst at this. (Though

> the wonderful statistical jiggery-pokery by the

> Independent to show that if all the non-voters

> last time came out and voted for her then she'd

> win was so wonderfully daft I had to smile.)

Loz, which Green leaflet are you referring to? I can only think of two where we make any such claims - The Lane, where we state (accurately) that we were 2nd behind Labour in the last local elections, and South Camberwell where we show the accurate results from the last 2006 local elections.

expat Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Hi espelli,

>

> Yes we got a blue one but the one from the

> ex-mayor was white. Big difference 8-)

Must get my eyes tested it looked vaguely lilac!

Yet more Lib Dem stuff thudding through the door at some un-earthly hour of the morning aimed at waking me up. Please, please, please, no more as we have postal votes and have already voted.

I don't blame the Lib Dems for trying and for a few more mailshots than the other parties given the bigger picture. Are 3 or 4 or 8 extra pamphlets really enough to make you want vote for another party? If that's a good reason then there is something surely wrong.....

Annoying yes but no more so than the constant plague of low rent pizza and curry house menus. And also due to stop in 3 days time.

I also find it particularly irritating that the lib dems have felt the need to knock on my door 2 nights in a row to remind me that there is an election- wow, would never have worked that one out from the nedia coverage and the amount of fake hand written letters that have come through my door... and then tonight to 'remind' me to go and vote (which I did at 4 o clock)

they certainly know how to irritate...

We've had something from the LibDems practically every day for the last fortnight. Yesterday they rang (I told the nice young lady that I really didn't want to be called at home) and abit later someone came to the house and THEN at 12:45 this morning ANOTHER leaflet - which is technically canvassing on the day of an election - very naughty. Today they came to the door again - even tho. we handed their 'I've been out and voted' leaflet to the guy at the polling station. Far too much. Annoying actually.

Does anyone know when the results of the local elections are likely to be announced? I know they don't start counting the votes until later today, but not sure if that means the results won't be announced until Monday or whether it's a same day thing.

Having done telling in one of ED's Polling Stations on Thursday - the number of people who turned up between 9.30 -9.50 pm

who said they were out/watching TV/in the pub - then remembered they had to vote before 10 pm was surprising. I liked the one where the mother turned up to vote and then complained outside she could not vote on her daughter's behalf as she was not back from work. The daughter had phoned her to say that she could not vote on line - could Mum do it for her!