Brockwell Lido (not quite ED)

I returned to Brockewll Lido for the first time since its upgrade last week and again this weekend. Frontage / entrance much more attractive and appealing. Everything inside looks just that bit smarter / cleaner / cared for. Pool essentially unchanged - including sandpaper texture to the surround that's hard on the feet. Changing rooms are now clean and decent - but quality of build may not give them a long life. New cafe is good - tho' surprsingly understocked. All in all a definte improvement - with more work / investment to go. All we need now is the sunshine that makes a Lido really fun.

The book is on sale for ?5.00 at the Lambeth County show in the Brockwell Lido user group tent. (and no I'm not a member or anything to do with Brockwell Lido - tho' son no. 1 is earning summer hols dosh as life guard there)

?5.50 for an adult session - which can be all day. I think membership reduces fees. Open 6.45m - 8.00pm Mon - Fri, 10.00am - 6.00pm Sat / Sun (which I think are strange times for weekend - later opening would be good). 10 - 15 min bike ride from our part of ED.

Marmora Man Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Not when I was there - and both times I stayed

> till 6.00pm. Maybe he's gone to be a jobsworth

> somewhere else?

Have checked - this man was apparently known as "Dangerous" and has left the pool to work his style elsewhere.