Sleeping bags to Duvet

Does anyone have any tips on how I could get my two year old out of his beloved sleeping bags and used to a duvet? I think the time has come to change but as he is such a wriggler, plus he sleeps on his front with his bum in the air, I am worried he will throw the duvet off and get very cold. Plus getting into his bag is such a sleep signal for him, I think this is going to be hard. Thanks for any advice or experience.

We did it recently, daughter 2 yrs & 2 months. She was still in cot, but since having new found freedom of duvet started climbing out of cot...so have had to put her into a bed...I wish I had carried on with sleeping bag!! But I guess they have to grow up at some point!!

Like any new change sometimes it's sometimes best just to go for it! OR you could try doing both for a while (having the duvet covering his bottom half only and when asleep removing it so he doesn't get too hot). You could also try taking him shopping so he can choose his own duvet cover with his favourite character on it. When you get it home make him help? put the duvet inside and make it a fun and exciting occasion! Best of luck...:)

We have recently done the same with our son who has just turned 2 as he started escaping from his grobags. I was dreading it too but I bought him a couple of cot bed duvets with diggers/trains on which he absolutely loves. He also used to move around a lot but since we've introduced the duvet he's stayed put the right way up and seems to like snuggling up. We got him a pillow too and he seems fine with that. He looks a lot comfier and amazingly climbs into his cot because he can't wait to get into bed with his "big boy duvet"! We've kept the sides on his cot bed though as can't face that yet.