The Clock House Pub

Just wanted to rave about the Sunday roast we had at The Clock House pub yesterday; it was absolutely delicious and a vast improvement to food I have eaten there over the past few years. I think the new management have really pulled their socks up in the kitchen so long may this last.

Price = ?15.50

Taste = very tasty but could have gone with a little less seasoning in the gravy

Overall = Very good

They undertook a big refurb in April, hired a new chef and revamped all the menus. Young's Brewery are promoting seasonal British food with a home-cooked feel so they will be regularly changing the menu to achieve this.

I have been going to The Clock for years and always felt the food wasn't up to par but I am really impressed with this new chef and hope he stays for a while....

steveo Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Beige food

Well it's not Beige on my laptop screen.. apart from say the mixed veg..

But looks like a small plate to make the food look bigger.

Dont look great for ?15.50 But the O.P enjoyed it enough to take a piccy and post it on here.

So lets not get too judgemental.. We did not get to taste it..

..And in reality, the same price of a burger and fries in some places.

DulwichFox

...and the same price as say, lets choose something entirely at random, pizza or cheese on toast?

Sorry OP but have to agree with the others, a whopping 15.50 for something that doesn't look great. 'A little less seasoning in the gravy' doesn't entice either. Was it marco pierre shite stock pots or home-made?

Maybe sometimes the 'just getting out' makes it all taste better, even with less than brilliant food

I've eaten just about most proper places, but I still don't mind the odd 'gravy dinner' and the opportunity to just relax

That said, I used to love dinners at boarding school and there's some resemblance here