Nanny costs

Hi Everyone,

I know there has been a million discussion on costs of hiring a nanny / nanny share etc but often it just states the hourly rate.

I was wondering if anyone has a sole nanny for 3 days per week, and how much it costs per month including tax and NI etc. I'm more than happy for people to PM if they would prefer. Alternatively if you have a full time nanny, I can always try and pro-rata it to get a very realistic idea of costs.

Many thanks in advance.

*choke*

dmf, thanks for posting that (and thanks sledge for asking). It's so hard to get an idea of how much it will really cost, and people tend to skirt around the real number. Oh well, at least that's one childcare option that I'll never have to consider....

wow, thats really expensive. I've had nannies and the most I've paid was ?400 a week for 5 days at approx 6hrs a day.

It actually would be nice to get some openness on what people pay for childcare. I was a bit lost with some bad starts and then had some good advice to ensure crb check, first aid which are standard with ex nursery nurses but then to not accept anything less than a level 3 nvq in childcare. Its been really helpful.

My nursery is ?60 a day, I've just had a childminder quote me ?50 a day and we've had nannies and babysitters charge ?6-?10 per hour.

Letters, that sounds pretty much similar to what we pay for childcare. Our nursery is ?59 a day. We pay our babysitters ?5 an hour but I use teenagers for my toddler so it's cheaper. When our daughter was younger, we used a registered childminder and she was ?7.50 an hour for evening babysitting. Babysitting rates really vary, I think ?10 an hour is a bit steep, unless the sitter is first aid qualified etc.