The Irish Festival

observermum Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Think the sports are always on the saturday

>

> http://www.southwarkirish.com/

oooooh...that also contains a link to the entertaining Declan Nerney. Now I can play him in the background whilst playing on the forum...erm...I mean...working. Thanks observermum.

*dee dee dee dee dee dee la la la la*

I went down Sunday afternoon and personally thought it was poor. Possibly not the best time to go. Bought an ice cream - witnessed middle child having tantrum at being given wrong ice cream - that was as good as it got.

Actually, Declan Nerney was much better LIVE...out in the open air. I enjoyed listening to his band's music whilst I just simply sat/walked about with friends eating icecream, crisps and drinking cider. The whole atmosphere was lovely. Everyone seemed relaxed and to be having a good time. Sure some of the stalls were a bit naff - but so what - it was free, fun and pleasant, I was with good friends and the weather was perfect. Everyone I bumped into said the same. But then and again, I prefer the simple things in life.

I agree - pleasant atmosphere

Unfortunately the dates clashed with lots of other events and school fairs so many families were busy elsewhere.

But still a good turn out and many people caught up with old friends. As for the stalls - they're a one-off thing - it was not really a profit making event with just stands for the county associations with a few raffles to raise money for the elderly or Across etc

Well done to the organisers

Hope it continues for many years to come.......

Ah well...there's no accounting for taste...

And, no I really wasn't taking the Mick Mac (I like that by the way!) OliviaDee...I genuinely enjoyed DN's music on Sunday. It was cheery. And I do genuinely love that accent. But each to their own...whatever floats your boat...whatever tickles your fanny...