Heads up - Interesting threads in the main section

Keef

TheArtfulDogger Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Love the fight going on in the sweetie shop

>

> Read down to see it start

>

> https://www.eastdulwichforum.co.uk/forum/read.php?

> 30,1986220,page=6

>

> Looks like it's been moved or deleted now... Pity

> as it was getting good

Wonder why it was deleted?

Presumably the franchisee (is that a word?) didn't want the evidence there for all to see that he tried to get volunteers working in his business for free, but I don't see that as a reason to delete the whole thread.

Personally I think the shop front is an eyesore. Looks more suited to some hideous Olde Worlde tourist Shoppe Centre. Didn't want to post that elsewhere but hopefully nobody will see it here.

I miss Hope and Greenwood. At least their shop was tasteful.

cella Wrote:

> Admin deleted the thread at my request. There were

> personal issues at stake and also some bear

> baiting of the original poster. It probably wasn't

> doing the owner any favours either!

Doesn't sound much different from many forum threads then!

Who was bear-baiting...? You were guilty of adding fire to the flame not only on that post but on a subsequent one.. if you were so keen to kill it you should just have stopped updating the planet on what you did to ?resolve? it.

ella Wrote:

cella Wrote:

Wasn't doing the owner any favours? No, you certainly were not. You & your like destroyed a perfectly fine thread promoting a perfectly legit business, attacking a positive review & falsly accusing me of being the owner - all because of an enthusiastic comment on the opening? Ha! There's something severely wrong with you.

KidKruger Wrote:

> Yeah.

> You destroyed yuor own work there Cella, by gettin

> that thread deleted.

> Calling someone up on the validity of their

> well-intended review / post was not useful and

> scored very high on the @#$%&-o-meter.

Predictable response from you KK. Without knowing any of the facts of course. Closed now.

Wimpole Wrote:

> ^^ Interesting thread developing in the Heads

> up....intresting thread in the main section

> thread.

:))

To be fair, VelvetBlueberry, you have only very recently registered on the forum, and your post in the ED gossip section is remarkably enthusiastic about the new sweetshop, plus for some reason being very critical of M&S's chocolates ......

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

https://www.eastdulwichforum.co.uk/forum/read.php?5,2057321

It?s times like this I wish I could comment in the main section.

Foxy is simply pointing out the elephant in the room. Rye Lane is a smelly, grotty dump which has been taken to the hearts of hipsters and middle class gentrification types. Interesting to note, many of the positive places and ?stuff? going on in trendy Peckham, is all recent stuff aimed at newbies to the neighbourhood. These so called liberal minded types never mention the businesses already existing in the neighbourhood do they? Just the ?discovered? crap they and their trendy friends and family like to visit.

Louisa.

Captain Marvel Wrote:

> There ye go Lou, the mountain came to Muhammad

Typical peaked landmass with ideas above its elevation coming into a decent working class thread and pushing prices through the roof

• 1 year later...

Whilst it's a serious subject, For some reason I keep on seeing the thread about a dog in the sandpit and think it's title is the start of a classic music hall type joke

https://www.eastdulwichforum.co.uk/forum/read.php?5,2177559

There is a prize of being allowed to drink a pint in a pub for whoever comes up with the best punchline to "A mum had her dog in the sandpit at Peckham Park today seriously!"

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

KidKruger Wrote:

> This was spotted/mentioned back in March.

> ?E? for Effort in persistency !

Amazing

Time travelling posts as this for sale one was added yesterday not in March 🤔

Maybe the next one will be for a Doctor Who outfit 😂