Autumn babies club - due dates

Congratulations ladies! Am envious of the speedy labours, but hope that there are many more!

Hope the early days are going well, and that the waiting isn't too hard for those whose little ones haven't yet arrived. Had forgotten how full-on feeding a newborn is!

Congratulations on all the little beauties being born - it's lovely to see some of the photos on Facebook.

Just a reminder that we have a Facebook group that you can join - just search for Dulwich Autumn 2010 mummies, request to join, and either Kerry, Lucy or myself will let you in.

xxx

• 2 weeks later...
Hello! I've just joined this forum (recommended by a pregnancy yoga friend). My baby boy is due on 21 October. Would love to meet up with other mums due at similar time in the near future. I'm based in Brixton so not that far away and I come to east dulwich lots at the moment.

Hello everyone

I'm afraid I wont be able to make it for drinks this week but I have a brilliant reason - my baby has arrived! Daniel was born on Wednesday evening (on his due date!) weighing 7lb 9oz and he's absolutely gorgeous (although I could be slightly biased)

I look forward to meeting up with you all soon - perhaps a with baby meeting could be arranged as there are beginning to be quite a few babies about now!

Have a lovely time on Wednesday and if I don't see people before hand - good luck with your births!

Love

Penny x

I haven't visited this thread in a while, I've been a little busy with my little guy. Lewis was born at home 2 1/2 weeks early on the 5th of September. Before we collected (~let alone set up) the birth pool or hired the Tens machine. My water broke at about 1:30 in the morning, at 6:30 after the contractions had slowed a little the midwife pronounced me to be only 2-3 centimetres and so we sent her home and tried to get a little rest. At 10 I sent hubby out to try and buy a tens machine, but he took too long (apparently they are hard to come by on a Sunday morning) and the baby arrived (at 11:33) before he got back.

The midwives had been picking me up a pool, so they called an ambulance which arrived at 11:13 and they came about 10 minutes later so it was all a bit hairy there for a while, I was by myself, pushing involuntarily, wondering how I could catch it myself so it didn't hit the floor!

All good though, with an apgar of 10 10 we were pretty happy. So much for long labours and late first babies!

Congratulations to all the other Autumn Mums who have had their babies, and good luck to those who have yet to pop!

Au'lait - I'm so impressed! Fancy doing that all by yourself - you must be one strong lady! You give me hope that somehow I might get through my labour.....totally dreading it at the moment. Huge congratulations on your baby boy - I hope you've had a good couple of weeks with him.

• 2 weeks later...