The Rules for Tattoos

????

Lol, I know giggirl... It doesn't bother me I am doing the same.. I don't think people should get them for the sake of it, but if there is meaning behind it personal or otherwise then go for it... ALOT of my friends have things they regret, I like mine and it's cheap enough to remove them if you need be providing it's not a really big piece!! I hate football tattoos and typical chavvy things like bulldogs etc... Looks ridiculous, as I said I like tasteful designs!

That's an interesting point Robyn - the fact that a lot of your friends regret their tattoos. I see a lot of really young girls with them and I wonder if they realise that the are stuck with them. Also, I'm in my 40s and, let's just say, that flesh moves about a bit. Things aren't in exactly the same place they were when I was 20. So what happens when firm young tattood flesh gets older. Seriously, what does it look like?

Giggirl, I totally agree... I don't think I will have mine for life purely because when you get older the ink spreads and it starts to look really messy. But that's my choice to get the tattoos in the first place, I knew the risks I was taking when I sat in the chair. I have seen some amazing pieces that are works of art. Some people think it's tacky etc, but it's really not a cheap hobby. A friend of mine has a sleeve and it cost him ?3000 and still not finished!

And Narnia, no I don't, but hey, I'm not the know it all around here.

Not quite sure why this guy felt the need to get his name and date of birth tattooed on himself, but I guess he ain't the brightest bulb in the pack.

Tattoo clue leads police to thief

I think tattoos of a sentimental nature can be a nice touch. My supervisor on a contract I was working on last year recently died from cancer and his brother has got himself a tattoo on his shoulder related to his departed brother (who had a few tattoos himself) which I think is quite nice.

That is ridiculous! Exactly, I mean providing it's not tacky and it means something to the person wearing it, I think they are really nice. I have seen some fantastic memorial pieces, I think it's just art and I love that people can express themselves with tattoos and piercings. I hate the tattoos with names D.O.B, football badges (the list is endless)... you see where I'mm going lol...

Lol, that's why you think long and hard before getting them on yourself! I don't see what the problem is they are becoming the norm, just because you don't want to get one and don't like them, there alot of people that pay good money to have them done... I don't like all tattoos, no one does! but it's down to personal taste and preference!

Anything (nearly) looks good on young flesh, even bleedin' espadrilles; it's the second half of your three score and ten that't you'll be stuck with some fading, meaning nothing mark on your stretching wobbly flesh. So, if you're going to do it, do it about something that does define something significant in your life, revert to my original list.

Well I am in my mid 40s and I had my first tat 3 weeks ago. I have wanted one since I was young butmy mum always said I would regret it when I was older. Well I am older now.

It is on the inside of my forearm and is 2 inches diameter. My 4 kids names in nice writing in a circle round a fancy cross type symbol in the middle

I have to say it f**king hurt but is worth it. I will get one on the other arm at some point but need to decide what it will be. Needless to say the kids love it but my wife doesn't.

Bearing in mind my profession (midwife), reaction was a little mixed at work!