new arrivals

tinagwee

Hiya's

Me and my fella are new to the area and went to the drinks in the plough. Had a great night, thought everyone was really cool. Had talked about going to the pub quiz on sunday night in the magdala but we ended up painting the bedroom instead (yawn), sorry about that andrew. We will be definetly up for it other times though, and this sunday is a possibility if anyone else is up for it.

tchau

tina

I like tingawee too! tina gwee comes from a family nickname coz in the town where I am originally from in Co Derry, there are so many mccloskey's that each family group is known by a nickname and we are the gwee's (its a verbal thing so there is no proper spelling)

To answer dulwichmum, I am not on facebook. Am contemplating it but for many reasons have resisted so far.

Thanks all for being so welcolming, see you at the next one

tchau

Hi

my partner and I have also moved to the area after living in suitcases and staying with friends for such a long time. It doesnt help to be fussy I guess but when your rent is ?1300 a month, I think you need to be a touch fussy! But anyhow, we are here and happy to meet people.

We were living in Brixton Hill which was great but I was getting sick of seeing the fast food take outs and the lack of community feel.

Helen

• 2 weeks later...

Floating Onion Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> tinagwee, still trying to match up forum names,

> real names & faces through the haze that was the

> forum drinks. Oops.

>

> Didn't have a quiz team last Sunday, but should

> have one this week if you guys are up for it.

Will definetly be up for it sometime soon but am in belfast at the moment. Gotta remind the nephews of who I am! Will arrange it in september sure.

we too moved from brixton, water lane though, by the park. blimey i was happy to get out. in the end the the high street was just all getting out of control again, i was 8 months pregnant with people offering me skunk and cocaine outside the tube! i also agree with helen, i just couldn't stomach anymore fried chicken take outs littering the place.

i do miss the ritzy though, that's a gem.

let's face it east dulwich life ia a lot calmer and gentle.