Found: Cash hanging out of cashpoint

Dano

This happened to me once. I took the money into the bank that the cash machine belonged to. They took my details of my card that i used directly after i found the money and reunited the money with the owner who was the person who withdrew the cash. I got a lovely thank you letter.

Mark

Dano

I think you've done the right thing. A lot of people would have kept the money, as its very difficult to trace. If no ones claimed it, then charity is the best cause. It is very difficult when your in this position because you want to do the right thing but theres not a lot you can do.

It did with me ... a long time (15 years) ago

Reported theft after someone attacked me at a cashpoint .. turned out the money was sucked back in and the guy was just a drunk not a mugger.

Jeremy Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I don't think it will suck the money back in.

> Neither will it suck the card back in, if you

> leave it in the slot.

>

> I'm not sure you'll get anywhere trying to return

> the money to the bank either, seeing as you don't

> know who the person banked with. By all means

> speak with the operator of the cash point, but

> frankly, I doubt they'll give a toss.

Very pleased to see someone being honest and trying to trace the poor old owner. well done Dan.

As a matter of fact, my cards were occasionally sucked back in before Abbey Nat changed its system to make you take the card before the cash, IYSWIM.

I once got zero out, but got a receipt for my non withdrawal of 50 quid. It was a sunday so I was a bit worried but I contacted the bank on the Monday and they were able to give it straight to me, preusmably having been ?50 over when reconciling the machine.