Dulwich Life Magazine In Receivership

vikhibby

Huguenot Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Have you two got history? You both got very

> personal very quickly?

>

> xx

No, just get fed up with the same endless smug posts, cliqueness and snide remarks on this forum! :-)

EG "Poor you DG, unemployed are we? Diddums..."

Smacks a bit of the playground, to me

Dear DG,

You say SE22 magazine was "brownnosing to this forum, which is presumably why it has found favour over Dulwich Life."

and further that you;"get fed up with the same endless smug posts, cliqueness and snide remarks on this forum."

It just sounds to me that you don't like us, or SE22 magazine. If you don't like what you are reading, why put yourself through it? Life is too short.

I certainly don't think this forum is "clique" prone. We actively encourage new people to join in. All are welcome here, honestly.

Feel the love...

Some people are incredibly brave on the internet, making negative comments online - on forums and blogs is not brave, just destrictive. There really never is any excuse for nastyness.

dulwichmum Wrote:

. There

> really never is any excuse for nastyness.

We can agree on that. I made a valid point about boring SE22 mag.. you responded by making nasty remarks to me. So I suggest you take your own advice.

End of.

shame about that last post - I have no beef with DG at all.. seems a fine poster. but to quote a DM "poor diddums" quote does suggest a lack of ... well, I'm not sure how to put it. Calling it a "bit playground" is soooo off the mark

The forum has been around a while now (checks diary ... 21st Sep is the 1st Birthday Party at the Mag... that clears that up) and it was a very, very wee thing at the beginning. I certainly never posted. I didn't feel confident enough

But in the beginning ther was who ther was - a small group of people who "got" the gist of one another and , from nothing, made it the forum it is. Now we have many many more posters but we (and I include me even though I am now ubiquitous) should never forget why and how this place exists

DG - out of context, Dulwichmum's post may seem childish and clique-ish. But I urge you to read her historical (and hysterical posts) as well as her blog and see where she (or is it a he from Penge?) is coming from

There are personae on here and shouldn't be confused with the real people on here - some people play it very straight and honest ( I think I do, for better or worse) whereas other people enjoy a degree of anonymity to play with language. I would argue the forum is much much better for that (have a look at comparable forums for some idea of how dull life can be)

If i had used words such as "ah diddums" I could understand you being upset DG but I think in this case it;s just crossed wires. Again, have a look at the historical postings and blogs and see if you can deduce what's going on

lol

I won't say what I think of the "activity" in question DM - you might be offended

But this place is what it is - it isn't beamed into people's homes so can be avoided if one finds it distasteful or cliquey. And I try REALLY hard to ensure people are welcome but if it's not to peoples' taste... then it just isn't

Over the last year it has acquired character. Different people post (often frequently) and so it is different than some other forums.. I certainly don;t agree with everyone on here but as the "city bonuses" thread proves, I can be in a minority and still respect the people arguing with me

I visit many places I don't like - but out of respect for the people who actually live there I don't immediately post A4 pictures on every tree be-litteling the place

Cup of tea anyone?

I do suggest with respect that those who post all day every day, bums obviously never leave their PC chairs, occasionally pause and think before they jump on posts made by newer posters.

Maybe as Sean implies, Dulwich Mum is very droll and erudite, and if I spent my every waking hour on this forum I'd be aware and cut her some slack.

But I don't, and I judge people by what I see in front of me. Having her make a snide remark at me, she is just rude, I'm sorry!

Perhaps I can step-in and mediate at this difficult time.. sometimes people get a little hot under the collar, and it's often wise to count to ten, deep breath in.. deep breath out..

No.. doesn't seem to help. SE22 magazine is still sh*t.

I hope this settles the matter to everyone's satisfaction.