Being an auntie

fairyuk24

Being an auntie is one of the best things ever :)) I don't want children at all, but my nieces and nephews are just the best. Make the most of this time. They are so sweet and learn so much and change on a very quick basis. I love them when they are toddlers too, tasting different foods, learning to walk, talk etc (tu) Enjoy and congrats!

its amazing I am an aunt to a fabulous 18 month year old and a blissfully sleepy 2 week old. I love em to bits and when I first held my niece i felt very very emotional and I a tough old boot. I cant wait for niece to rebel against her mother when she is 15 and come to stay with me so I can teach her the ways of jazz and fabulous shoes!

Congratulations you will love it!

I love it - you wait till they start calling you "AuntyX" in that sweet little voice...there's nothing like it...and as for the hugs and cuddles...bliss...

One of my little nephews is with me right now and he is saying: "it's good having an Aunty because she spoils you...and she can cook!". Just thought I throw that in!

I look at every person male or female as my brother and sister. All of mankind is part of our family. Some good, some bad. But none of us are perfect. We are all children of some kind of science theory thingy or a higher being creation. Either way, I feel the love and love should be shared with everyone. Of course, we all have bad days and forget this important fact.

Nevermind Auntie, can I have a hug please.

ST&NLY Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I look at every person male or female as my

> brother and sister. All of mankind is part of our

> family. Some good, some bad. But none of us are

> perfect. We are all children of some kind of

> science theory thingy or a higher being creation.

> Either way, I feel the love and love should be

> shared with everyone. Of course, we all have bad

> days and forget this important fact.

>

> Nevermind Auntie, can I have a hug please.

No, f@ck off.

Napoleon Solo

Congratulations fairyuk24!

Being an aunty is lovely, lots of cuddles and love and you get to give the child back...

Could I just beg you please, if you promise to take your nephew to Legoland, will you be sure to do it, please? He will remember that you promised and look forward to it for months, if you don't do it, he will probably be crushed and no-one else will do. If you promise to get him a particular LEGO figure or Transformer that he is lusting after, will you actually get it? If you organise to spend bank holiday Monday taking him to Hamleys or making rice crispy cakes with him - will you please remember and not text after lunch on the day to say you have a hangover?

My daughter has an aunty - her godmother. She phones and gets my daughter to pick her birthday gift online with her and then she forgets to order it. She forgets to come to birthday parties at all. She makes grand promises and leaves my daughter in tears.

All that kids need is your time. It is that simple. Read him a book, listen to him, get down and play on the floor with him. He will always remember you. My aunty - my godmother was brill.