Trains to Brighton

lizzie

What's the quickest (and least changes) way to get to Brighton in the evening from any of the local stations? I've been on the trainline website and it's not that helpful. Forest Hill to Brighton seems the quickest but have to change twice. Isn't there anywhere that goes straight to East Croydon?

lizzie Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> What's the quickest (and least changes) way to get

> to Brighton in the evening from any of the local

> stations? I've been on the trainline website and

> it's not that helpful. Forest Hill to Brighton

> seems the quickest but have to change twice.

> Isn't there anywhere that goes straight to East

> Croydon?

I'd say FH to East Croydon, as already stated, or, if it's convenient for you, catch the 197 to East Croydon. It stops opposite East Croydon station and should be quite quick in the evening. Savs you going to FH.

I often travel from ED to the south coast and I've found this website easily the best :- http://www.southernrailway.com/. Also if you register with them you can often pick up tickets in advance for a lot less than paying on the day. e.g. ?3.75 single - you normally need to reserve a place on a specific train for the best discounts.Also when you pay by card online you get a reference number and can collect the tickets from Southern Railways ticket machines.

P.S!!! I should add that it seems best to start your journey to Brighton (BTN) from Victoria (VIC) or possibly East Croydon (ECR) to get the cheapest fares. If you start from Forest Hill (FOH) or East Dulwich (EDW) the prices generally seem higher.