New restaurant - Johnnies Kitchen (cafe on LL)

A radio on in the background is OK, but a big screen (as are appearing in some curry houses and barbers) are naff. The lovely restaurant near to W Dulwich station was spoiled by its big screen. I asked for it to be turned off (there were a handful of other diners, all equally irritate if the encouraging looks I got means anything) and then never went back. You can tune out the wireless, more or less, but it is very hard to unwire your lizard brain so as it doesn't react to bright, moving things just above your eye level.

Truly remarkable how some people (no names mentioned) can turn any thread at all about some kind of class digging gentrification thing!! Really boring.

Anyway, welcome to you Evening Johnnies (I think this is what you should re-name yourself)......!!!

I'm not a fan of enormous TVs generally either but obviously great if going to watch sport or some other event. Maybe suss out the situation with customers to see whether they find it intrusive.

Good luck :-)

I'm sitting in Honour Oak Cafe. I can hear conversations, eggs frying, people laughing and much newspaper reading. I can just detect a little radio in the background & for me, it's just about spot on.

Television if you're on your own, I concede that whilst watching a documentary its a pleasure.

Good luck Johnnies!

Seabag Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I'm sitting in Honour Oak Cafe. I can hear

> conversations, eggs frying, people laughing and

> much newspaper reading. I can just detect a little

> radio in the background & for me, it's just about

> spot on.

Apart from your spelling of Honor Oak, that's the way it should be.

Thank you for all your comments! We are listening to all of you.

As for menu I tried to upload a photo in other section (business and restaurant, in post JOHNNIES KITCHEN ON LL). Its really hard to see anything there, but i have to resize it to be able to add it...

Hope you all have a wonderful day, despite a gloomy weather outside

Johhnie,

Will you be doing a 5 items for ?5 in the evening like you do for your breakfasts ?? In regards to the tv issue the only time i can recall it, was hearing "Here comes the hot stepper, murderer" and i felt a twinge of guilt as i cut into my cumberland sausage !!

Have you thought about upgrading to a 4k tv with a sanos soundbar ??

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Johnnie,

Have you changed your sausages,I popped in a couple of weeks ago for the 5 for ?5 and the sausage wasn't up to its usual standard, can you confirm if this was indeed a one off or if you have infact changed your sausage supplier, obviously this will impact on where I breakfast moving forwards.

Thanks

Satellite Wrote:

> Johnnie,

>

> Have you changed your sausages,I popped in a

> couple of weeks ago for the 5 for ?5 and the

> sausage wasn't up to its usual standard, can you

> confirm if this was indeed a one off or if you

> have infact changed your sausage supplier,

> obviously this will impact on where I breakfast

> moving forwards.

>

> Thanks

Why didn't you ask when you were there? Is it easier to ask on a public forum?

AdaDulwich Wrote:

> I would like to highly recommend Johnnie's

> restaurants. Very good food, nice atmosphere,

> clean and great service. Great place for a family

> dinner! Also the millshake was sooo yummy ;) Thank

> you.

That's a very nice 1st post Ada

Lucky Jonnie's

RE: Alan Medic

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, I just came across this thread and thought i'd ask, obviously if i could like Cher in her seminal 1989 hit "Turn back time" I would of asked at the time, point noted.

rendelharris Wrote:

> "...this will impact on where I breakfast moving

> forwards"? Please tell me you didn't write that

> with a straight face!

Of course i did, the sausage along with bacon are in my eyes the most quintessential part of the traditional English breakfast, cold beans, over cooked eggs or no mushrooms i can live with but a poor quality sausage ruins the experience in my humble opinion.