Rye cafe-new management

siousxiesue

Apologies if there is a thread already, but for the first time in a couple of weeks I went to this place to find it rebranded and with a very much reduced menu, with prices on the high side.

Anyone else?

I used to have a lovely soya latte here and not only are the cups smaller, the prices higher, they really didn't know how to make it! Twice I received a rather foul (scummy) coffee...

I went into the Dulwich Park cafe earlier this week - the coffee was decent, but yes it had gone up (2.20? to 2.50). early days I guess but it looked very very bare compared to the old one. Noticed the breakfasts on the board were quite expensive too. However, if they can get through the queues more quickly than the old cafe on a weekend, it would be worth it.

I went a couple of days ago and unless they get some healthier snacks I can offer my kids I will have to stop coming. All super sugary cakes/ cookies. In fact the cookie I had was dry. I agree cups were small. Also very sad at the loss of books. It's gone from being a very child friendly place to stop in while taking the kids to the park to being (at the moment) unsuitable for us. If the management are reading this please can you offer some healthy snacks and meals?

Popped in last week found the place quite bare appreciate they are in transition BUT not impressed when I ordered toast and jam found that when I opened the plastic pat of jam there was Mould in it! Had an apology but no suggestion of re-imbusring me.

Lottie2 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Popped in last week found the place quite bare

> appreciate they are in transition BUT not

> impressed when I ordered toast and jam found that

> when I opened the plastic pat of jam there was

> Mould in it! Had an apology but no suggestion of

> re-imbusring me.

They gave you mouldy jam but didn't give you your money back???

That's terrible!

Very true that the food prices are too high (though the old ones had had a hike as well recently), and they need some healthier kids snacks but oh... they know how to make coffee! So I can forgive them all the rest. The old stuff was just overheated mud IMHO, so I'm happy.

We tried it yesterday (Saturday) around 2pm and it was deserted. I am so disappointed that there are no more children's books. That and the very small cups mean I will not be choosing it for a treat with the children until I hear that it's improved.

• 3 weeks later...